Revision worth it?

TallDarknRalph
on 7/11/12 11:40 am
 I am 15 days post-op from my revision...and i waited til i regained 100lbs of my initial weight loss...so far so good for me after surgery...you need to see if your pouch inreased in size...mine did quite a bit...so i got auth for surgery...One thing to know is that after the revision...its harder than first surgery...this surgery took 6 hours and i am more cautious about refeeding for fear of causing a leak...you need a cat scan and endoscopy to start off to see what you can do
Whit
on 7/11/12 12:59 pm
Revision on 12/10/12
 Hi,
Did you have the RNY to RNY revision? 
Best,
Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

TallDarknRalph
on 7/11/12 9:08 pm
 Yes I did. My pouch was reformed to give me feeling of fullness and I had scar tissue removed. It's as if I have an RNY for the first time again. 

Whit
on 7/17/12 6:49 am
Revision on 12/10/12
 How are you doing? I am on the fence about RNY to RNY, BOB, or RNY to DS. The later scares the hell out of me. I am confused and not sure whic is really best for me as every Dr. has given me conficting recomendations...

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/12 6:52 am
Thanks for the info.. I am scared to even think about a revision.  I am hoping when I finally get an appt to check it out, they will tell me it hasn't stretched out and I just need to get off my ass and eat better.  I hope you are doing well.  What kind of revision did you have?
Ruth S.
on 7/16/12 2:59 pm - Orlando, FL
 Is revision worth it? Well the alternative is to stay where you are at...and basically be unhappy. So yeah it's worth it - also IF you make the right choice. But no one really knows the answer in the beginning.  We choose the surgery WE think is best for us and sometimes it doesn't work out well because it wasn't enough - or we test and push the limits that were given to us once we lose alot of weight. Or forget that we're now different and we can't or shouldn't do like over eat. So here we are again having to decide to have a revision.  For me..I looked for a new dr (mine no longer practiced) because I was having upper quadrant pains. I ended with a dr who did as you described moved the Y junction down to create more mal absorption, and he did the surgery lap.  I was home in three days. Copay $500. I just had it done a couple weeks ago with a 18lb weight loss thus far. It would be more but I've had unrelated complications and am on the mend but I look forward to getting back on track. So yeah...I know it's worth to improve my health - as I initially did the first time.
Ruth S.
Most Active