Revision worth it?

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 8:23 am
Hi everyone,
  I had RNY over 3 years ago, and I went from 303 on day of surgery down to 206.  My goal weight was around 160, as I'm only 5'2, but not looking to be skinny, just "normal".  Anyway, fast forward to now. I have gained 35 pounds and am sitting at 240.  I feel like I can eat more than I should be able to, and it doesn't make me feel sick unless it's something very heavy.  I have been researching revisions, but I am scared that since I had ZERO complications, never dumped on anything, and had no health problems after my surgery, that I would be pressing my luck going under the knife again.( that is if i could get approved for the surgery)  I know that i do not want a BOB.. I am interested in having the one where they move the Y to create more malabsorption.  What I want to know from you that have had revisions, is it worth it?  I know it depends on my personal experience, but did it get you to goal, and did it affect your health at all?  Any and all feedback is appreciated.
pineview01
on 7/9/12 2:04 pm, edited 7/13/12 5:32 am - Davison, MI
Have you had everything checked out?  I know several at the support meetings have had
to have their's twicked. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/12 9:59 am
I haven't had it checked yet.  I am waiting on an appointment from my PCP to talk about it.. and then I'd decide if I want to go see a surgeon about it.  The whole thing is just scary, but I really do think something might be streched out.  For example, today I had one of those new Taco Bell bowls for lunch.  The one with all the rice.. which I shouldn't be able to finish, right?  Well, I ate it with no problems whatsoever... the whole bowl.  So.. even being 3 1/2 years out, I don't think that's a good thing.
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 12:31 am - WA
I can eat 2 large pieces of Pizza an sometimes a third one with no restriction or any side effects. I had my pouch checked and it is tangerine sized. Not big enough for a revision according to one surgeon but I am looking into a second opinion. I am 4 years out in september. (RNY Proximal)
Ruth S.
on 7/16/12 2:49 pm - Orlando, FL
 Smh....just because you COULD...does not mean you SHOULD...just saying.  That is one mistake we make and why we gain the weight.. We are constantly pushing the limits with things we SHOULD NOT be doing and when it backfires we get mad. Im guilty myself.  It just a vicious cycle.
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/12 5:43 am
This is true.. however If I am hungry, and no longer feel the fullness after a couple of bites, then I tend to eat until I feel full. It's not like I'm pigging out, just noticing I am physically able to eat more before I feel full.  I've also noticed that it depends on what I'm eating. I want to do something about it now.. when it's a 30 pound gain, and not alot more.  I just am afraid of complicatins that I didn't have the first time around.
MickiT
on 7/11/12 2:56 am
I am also planning a revision, or looking into, just started actually researching it, I'm out 3 years, and lost 100 and then gained 25 back, I need help! I'm trying the 5 day pouch test today, and it's going well but would like some more insight.....Love this forum! 
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 4:33 am
I did the 5dpt last year, and it sucked LOL  I lost ten pounds in 5 days, but I didn't like it. I felt so hungry all of the time, I felt like I was back on the pre-surgery diets that I'm sure we all tried.  I hope it works for you though.  I've been thinking of doing the thing where you eat as much cottage cheese as you can to see how much the pouch can hold, but since I hate cottage cheese it might be difficult :-)
MickiT
on 7/11/12 4:35 am
I'm hoping the 5DPT  does work, or atleast keeps me motivated if i see that I have lost 2 or even 3 pounds...we'll see.... I HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING!   I'm  going insane trying to get a jump start on losing weight!
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 5:23 am
I know exactly how you feel.. I am so frustrated that I gained weight.  I am hoping to get some of this off again soon :-)
Most Active