RNY Revision Scheduled

Eileen O.
on 7/7/12 1:24 pm - Marlton, NJ
 I am scheduled for RNY revision for July 23rd with Dr. Meilahn @ Temple Univ Hospital. 
Anyone have this done with him, if so, how was your success? He wont really know
what he will be doing until he gets inside? Was this surgery better or
worse for you than your initial RNY? How much weight have
you lost?  Thx

snowolf50
on 7/9/12 2:19 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
My Fobi Pouch is scheduled for the same day as yours here in Colorado.  I had a lot of complications with my first one and am having this surg. for medical reason.  I am scared to death as he is not my original surgeon. I have to have a full open no lapro:(...Good luck and I hope to hear back and see how you are doing?
Eileen O.
on 7/10/12 4:27 am - Marlton, NJ
They have no idea what exactly they will do to me until get in there..    Thanks and good luck to you as well!!

Delia Montalvo
on 7/9/12 11:19 pm - San Antonio, TX

I will be having my revision on the 23rd also, in San Antonio, Dr. Mickey Seger with BMI of Texas.  I had lap band surgery in 2006, revised to Gastric sleeve in 2011 but have had extreme amount of acid reflux, so bypass is the only option at this point.  Good luck on your surgery.

Eileen O.
on 7/10/12 4:30 am - Marlton, NJ
Good luck to you as well!!

snowolf50
on 7/10/12 5:05 am - Colorado Springs, CO
They know some of what they will be doing and said they will have to see the rest when they crack me open.  What they do know they will do to me is total revision...not of Fobi but RNY (I am still asking questions about why this procedure as I hear it the success rate is lower than 80% for long term), cut the stricture from my intestine and put 6-8 new inches of new intestine, work on the ulcers, clean out old scar tissue and the small hernia that is also present.  I will be on a feeding tube for 4-6 weeks after.  They are going to have to do another full open (3rd one) since they also need to get pretty invasive and I have WAY too much scar tissue.  They tell me my leakage rate is going way up along with other complications....can you fill me in on what they have told you so far and what you are looking at?  I am getting more calm about this but still have my panic moments when I want to back out...yet I know I can not continue to live like this and this quality of life.  I will be starting at 200#s...I have also been told that one doesn't lose very much with a revision...still checking on this though.  I mean REALLY to have to go through all the pain and not lose weight..give me a break!!!! LOL  Hope to hear back from ya soon
Eileen O.
on 7/10/12 8:19 am - Marlton, NJ
 I'm not too nervous. I was told average weight loss
Is anywhere from 20-30 lbs. i need to lose about
45 lbs and currently doing Slim Fast diet up until
the saturday before surgery. 

snowolf50
on 7/10/12 5:10 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Proud of you and your choice to still seek another tool!  I have read from a lot of people on another support site "Daily Strength" that the band is a failure for most people. One lady even posted today about staying away from it and that she is getting GB done.  Good luck and I will be thinking about you during on your day!   Call that your new Birthday!!
Azskyprincess
on 7/10/12 7:47 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Hello to all of you I had my orginal RNY in hernia 2007 on Jan 31,2012 I had a full revision a hernia removed my recovery has been rough just had to have adhesions removed june 24th my first Dr was Simon in AZ  I moved to CA and now have Higa (AWESOME) I was  scared to death RE revison but each day is better good luck enjoy the new journey
snowolf50
on 7/10/12 10:16 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks fo responding...OMgosh you had yours in Jan. and you are still having it rough?Please forgive me for asking a lot of questions but my doctor told me what he needed to do and scheduled me for preop visit on  the 19 of this month and surg just 5 days from there so I haven't been able to ask a lot of questions...except he said I wouldn't even begin to feel human for at least 2 weeks...SCARY!!!  Did they do your revision open or lapro?  Can you tell me more about your recovery? Have you lost much weight?  My doctor didn't say anything about a preop diet or seeing a nutrionist like many I have been reading about....did yours?  I have called and asked about this and am waiting for a call back.  Anything you can tell me would greatly be appreciated and good luck to you as well on your new journey...HAPPY HEALTY HEALING  are my wishes and blessing for you
Most Active