VBG Revision to RNY 7-16-2012

Allen Y.
on 7/7/12 8:36 pm - Garland, TX
 I had a VBG in 2002 open. Yes that pain is something you will NEVER forget. I have revision to RNY on March 23 of this year via RNY. The surgery took awhile because there was lots of scar tissue from the original surgery.

Pain was 10 thousand percent better! Wont say there was non, but what there was easyly handled by the pain meds they gave me.

Regards
Allen Yoder

Theresa2015
on 9/15/15 9:33 am

How was your initial weight loss? Was it slow because of the previous wls?

rguidry2000
on 7/8/12 3:39 pm - huffman, TX
On July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM Pacific Time, 12Rowrena wrote:
My VBG was done 7-15-1999 an it only took 45 minutes and it was oipen.  I am now to have a revision to RNY lapriscopically if there isn't any problems and if there are then it would be open.  I'm desperatly hoping the laprascopic surgery works for me as I so remember the pain from the VBG for 5 to 7 days.  What I am very curious about is how long normally does this revision take if there are no problems?  The nurse who called and said my surgery was scheduled for 7-16-2012, said she as putting me in for either 7 or 8 hours and that scares the crap out of me.  Does it really take them that long with some people?  If so why, what would cause it to take them so long?  I'm doing ok on this liquid diet that I will be starting on my 5th day tomorrow and have lost close to 7 lbs so far and I'm excited to start my new life but also very anxious and worried over the amount of time that is being reserved for my surgery.  I understand that more than likely that much time won't be needed but they have to put you in for what it could be so the Operating Room is reserved - BUT I want anyone who has had this revision surgery as I am about to have tell me how it went for you.  I was also told I would be in the hospital a few days longer than the people having their first WLS - anyone know how many days I am looking at?  The nurse also told me I would be coming hope with a feeding tube - is that a for sure or a possibility - ???  I said I will and she firmly reminded me hat this was a very serious surgery and that I may also have a drainable tupe also.  I do not get to see my surgeon until the friday before my surgery on 7-13-99 so I have to be sure I write down all my questions for him then but till then if anyone here can give me any insight or any information that might help calm my nervers I would really be appreciateive of whatever you may be able to tell me.  Thank you so much for reading my post and Thank even more if you actually post something to me.  I see that many posts are read but not too many people actually answer the questions and for now I'm the one asking and learning and hopefully I will be one of you that can read the posts and help answer some of the questions.  Pleaae Help Me with any and all info you may have for me.
Hi there! I had VBG APRIL 1995 that Was also open.
On April 10 2012 I had revision to RNY. The Dr. Was able to do
it laprascopicly. I was in surgery for about 4 hours. But all went very well. I was only in the hospital for two days and I did have to come home with two drain tubes one that is pretty much standard for everyone but I had a second one with the drain bulb. It wasn't a big deal at all. Overall it was a breeze.
Now I'm almost 3 months out and everything is going well I'm loosing very rapidly. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is a different surgery, because sometimes I feel like I can eat quite a bit more than in the first months of VBG. I have such a fear that I will fail this surgery too. This is a second chance to make a change , and I'm going by the books
this go round! I wish you the best with your surgery! Hope this helped to ease your mind. I know I was terrified out of my mind and didn't know of a soul who'd had the same type of revision. It is a very complicated surgery but my Dr. Was known for excellence with revisions and that was the only peace I found except of course my faith in CHRIST!
Most Active