Not so hopeless... Maybe

icurn2003
on 7/4/12 9:41 am - Taylorsville, GA
 I had RNY (Lap) 4 years ago. I lost down to 165 lbs. from 280. Which was 10 lbs from my goal weight. I had no absorbtion problems. I was a model patient. Except... I traded one addiction for another. One of the ways I kept so small the last year or so, was I was taking heavy doses of narcotics and sleeping and not eating anything but popcicles and chicken. Last summer I got sober and while I was in treatment began eating my bariatric diet again (ie FOOD). In about 6 months I gained up to 215 lbs. I know that my appetite has increased, but I can't really tell how much. I am going to make an appointment with my surgeon to ave my pouch checked for a fistula, enlargement and all of the other things that I have read may be "wrong" with it. I am also ready to accept that I may need a swift kick in the rumpus. I am going to do a liquid diet for three days. What is the best thing to drink lately? I drank the Whey Shots right out of surgery for a long time. Are the protein drinks from GNC acceptable?  I have only started getting motivated in the past few days to really start losing again. I have been focusing on my family and staying strong in my reovery (almost a year!). But now, it's time to get in shape for my skinny jeans!  Going to starts Boot camp in two weeks too. Any suggestions are welcome! PLEASE.
WannaSew
on 7/4/12 9:58 am - Dandridge, TN
 don't really have anysuggestions...I just wanted to commend you for getting back int the swing of things...GOOD LUCK
Blessings...Debbi

Lapband .. May 2005 .. Starting weight 311.6
Revision surgery Jan 2012 .. RNY .. 231
Currant weight 168

Allen Y.
on 7/4/12 7:17 pm, edited 7/4/12 7:17 pm - Garland, TX
 First step in solving a problem it to realize and admit you have it. So your on your way.

Journal down each and everything you eat, what time and what your mood was.

Regards
Allen

snowolf50
on 7/9/12 2:27 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Elite Fusion is really great and low sugar, easy to mix!  Good luck...I go for my revision July 23...SCARED!!!
Most Active