Revison Complete..

Luvsdaislands
on 7/1/12 3:55 am - Landover, MD
Had my RNY over RNY Revision done Thursday, June 28, 2012....I came home and was 8lbs. heavier??  I am going to chalk it up to being bloated with gas...I had ALOT of gas after surgery that wouldn't pass.

Let's see...I woke up yelling I GOT GAS I NEED TO GET UP SO I CAN FART!!!!!  and I was trying to move but couldn't!!!  Then I yelled for my surgeon and my brother.  The PAIN was far more than I remembered when I first had RNY in Sept. 2006!!!!!  And it hurts to take a deep breath and i keep getting this pain in my right shoulder blade!!!  Taking Percocet is working!!!

One Luv
Luvsdaislands

Only look back in life to know where you DON'T want to go

Beautywithin
on 7/1/12 7:11 am - San Jose, CA
I hope your feeling better and able to fart freely : )

Please keep us updated on your progress.
Ruth S.
on 7/2/12 2:00 am - Orlando, FL
 I just had a revision recently myself.....two things.......if u have a "weight gain" it is really due to the IV liquids you received in the hospital, and not really moving.....take BABY steps to walking and that will get the GAS out..believe me I know this!! I had two obstructions and another surgery then another hospital visit due to my colon getting backed up....walking is the best, try burping. But the "gain" is only temporary.  Dont fret!!
Ruth S.
Luvsdaislands
on 7/2/12 8:49 am - Landover, MD
thanks for the encouragiing words ladies!!!

OK I am down from my pre-revision weight by 4lbs.....is that good or bad??  The gas is moving by my stomach is still kinda bloated but not like it was when I came home Saturday afternoon.  I guess I want everything perfect like it was when I had my first RNY.  I did alot of walking today...BIG mistake, I got so tired and when I finally got home I just about crawled out the car to my door and crashed on the couch. 

I won't clog up the thread with an update everyday but I just want to reach out to others. 

One Luv
Luvsdaislands

Only look back in life to know where you DON'T want to go

Most Active