Need help in Texas

chunkymonkey123
on 6/26/12 1:37 pm, edited 6/26/12 1:38 pm
Hello,

I have a BMI of 27.4 (about 30 pounds over weight).  I had RNY 2004.  I have been regaining weight for at least two years now.  I fight it with everything I have.  I work out five times a week, I eat 5 small meals a day, but I cannot lose this weight and I'm afraid it will get worse.

I have seen a surgeon who says I have a gall stone that needs to be removed, but offered no solution to my problem.  I was told that my pouch was normal (but they also said that it doesn't hold food for as long as it is supposed to.) That confuses me.

Am I eligigle for a revision?  Can you recommend a good bariatric surgeon in the Dallas area?  Is the lap band something that can be seen from outside the body? (I hear you have to have fills put in. How does this happen?)

Thanks for answering my questions!
Ladytazz
on 6/28/12 3:21 am
If your pouch doesn't hold food as long as it's supposed to then it sounds like the stoma is stretched, not an uncommon problem and unfortunately not one that is easily fixed.
You say you eat 5 small meals a day.  Is your problem overeating?  Because if you aren't over eating then a revision isn't going to help you, at least not a revision to give your more restriction.  If you aren't eating too many calories and you are still gaining weight then it sounds like a metabolic problem and that can only be corrected with activity or a more malabsorptive procedure like a DS or a more distal RNY.  You might try tracking everything you eat and bring it to your surgeon and show him and ask about more malabsorption.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Allen Y.
on 7/4/12 2:29 pm - Garland, TX
 Start a journal and write down everything you eat in the day.

Do you drink with your meals? If you do stop doing this.

Do you exercise at least 15 minutes a day? If not add this to your routine. Just walking is enough to make a differnce. If you can't walk, swim. Many gyms do have a pool and your life and health is worth the fee for the gym.

Do you need to see a consular? I ate to cover my emotions and gained all my weight back. Just had a revision in March this year so speaking from experiance. Get consuling.

Regards
Allen

Most Active