5 days after band over bypass

melissaflgirl
on 6/24/12 11:08 pm - Fl
Well... here I am.  5 days after my band of bypass and still kicking.

I went in at 1200n on Wed. June 20 and my doctor had me prepped and on the table at 130pm.  They did some exploritory to check for problems with my stomach, fixed those and then put in the band.  Total time on the table: 3.5 hours.

The only issue I have had is the air in the body cavity after surgery.  I was walking at 930pm in the ward (I stayed overnight in the hospital as a precaution since my stomach had to be repaired and since this was a revision) and have been trying to be active since but MAN...the air is just hanging around.  The first night home, I had to sleep in a chair, the second night in my bed on my side...then finally last night, aside from the horrible storms in the area waking me up, I slept through the night.  Taking as little pain meds as I can.

I did some LIGHT gardening in my yard on Saturday.  Did just two hours of shopping on Sunday and today I will probably do a 1 mile walk.  I just want this air to go away in my gut.  So far I have lost 6 pounds and feeling pretty good.   

There is the update.....if anyone has any ideas about getting rid of the air, let me know PLEASE :)
heathercross
on 6/27/12 12:12 pm - New York, NY
 Hi. Congrats. As you know, I had mine June 23 of LAST year (2012) so we are a year apart.  The air and the gas and belching, etc lasted about a week to 10 days. It will subside. Like you, I was walking around immediately and asked to walk to my room from recovery (this was declined) and went home in less than 24hrs.  I went shoping the next day, to work the day after.  Just keep doing what your doing, don't overdo it and it will go away!  You know your body so just listen to it.

Most Active