2 Days til revision

TallDarknRalph
on 6/24/12 11:35 am
 Well thanks to the insight from those on this site and not wanting to repeat the errors of the first surgery...i had my "last meal" today...rather than making it a big deal and setting myself up for failure, I merely went to a graduation party and had a lite meal of nothing worthy of remembering...Tmrw its clear liquids for the day before surgery and then surgery day.

For those that have been through this, how was the pain from waking up after a lap surgery...my last procedure was open and the most painful thing in my life...secondly, what would you guys suggest for my clear liquid meals....although the first time i lost approx 175lbs... i have noticed that i was making errors in re=feeding from almost day one, but no one cared because i kept losing weight...this time i want to make sure that i stay perfectly on course...and i need any insight you can give

thanks

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/12 12:34 am - WA
what are you revising to and from
Barbara Keller
on 6/26/12 8:32 am - Gaffney, SC
Revision on 09/10/12
 Hope your revision surgery went well.   Keep us posted on your status and progress.  
 Barbara Keller
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/12 11:19 pm
My band was lap and the pain wasn't as bad as I expected. I did have the "my guts feel like they might fall out" feeling. It wasn't pain exactly, it was just such a weak feeling in my abdomen.  BUT don't panic over that, they really won't fall out  -- it's just you never realize how much you use your stomach muscles for every little thing before surgery. You will do fine!

I'm planning a revision from the band later this year and for clear liquids I was planning to do Isopure protein water for the first week or so. It's pricey, but I figured it would help me get my protein in. Right after surgery for the band it felt like the protein shakes were too thick and water went down easier.

Good luck to you!
Most Active