band to sleeve - how long did you lose?

Linda A.
on 6/20/12 6:40 am - Byhalia, MS
VSG on 01/19/12
Have had my sleeve  revision from lap band for 5 months. sleeve is HEAVEN compared to lap band. I was a very slow loser with lapband and stopped losing  after 9 months. within 2 years becasue of all the problems i gradually switched to more and more slider foods and gained  the 45 # back that I had manged to lose! I have done better with sleeve - have already lost that much and with much more comfort! But I am still a slow loser. 61 years old, hypothyroid, fibromylgia, sit at a desk all day etc , hate to exercise( although I force myself to get some activity in and have been doign curves and zumba 2X a week) etc. I am just wondering with similar situations how long  you continued to lose on the sleeve? Since I lose so slow I am hoping it will continue for at least up to a year to enable me to lose more weight. Would like some idea from others how long your weight loss continued?
Hislady
on 6/20/12 8:41 am - Vancouver, WA
I'm your age so I know how you feel, seems loss is always slow. You might want to ask this on the sleeve forum too, but from what I've read there it seems the first year is your most loss but others have continued to follow their plans and continued to lose after that. All in all it's kinda up to you how hard you want to work at it and of course we aren't as active as some of these young pups. Good luck to you!
Most Active