EGD tomorrow & nervous about the results!

Tonya M.
on 6/19/12 3:04 am - Fort Dodge, IA

Well, I am sitting here waiting on a phone call from the nurse to do my pre-op interview over the phone (since I live 2 hours away from the hospital)..and I'm a bit nervous as tomorrow is my EGD.  I've read what to expect in one, and I'm not nervous about the actual procedure itself, just nervous about what the results will entail.  Can anyone tell me if I will be made aware of the result right away or how does that work?  And if I do get the results right away, what kind of things might the doctor say that I need to special attention to (obviously all of it, but you get my drift?)??  Any info would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Tonya

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/12 7:26 am - WA
Hi Tonya,
I got mine done last tuesday and called today to ask for results (tired of waiting for the call) and was told It would be towards the end of this week. Doctor has to read the results and make a decsion. Ugg, the wait time is making me crazy. I carry the phone around with me and don't leave the house during office hours. Fingers crossed you hear soon.
Melissa C.
on 6/19/12 9:29 am
I got or I should say my hubby got my results while I was in recovery; we submitted by weeks end and this Friday will be my surgery.
It was no big deal, I was sedated went to sleep woke up and dressed and went home. 
Don't worry to much it will be here and done before you know it :)

Mel

IceMama
on 6/22/12 6:34 am
Mel please contact me when you can,. looks like you are using the doc that did my revision.
My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

Stephanie "Ice Mama"
RNY 3-22-06 302/158/138;''''
Weight Regained = 225lbs, Revision 4/27/12
Turtle Lynn
on 6/20/12 12:54 pm - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I guess it depends on the doc, but I have always gotten my results right away, after waking up, and before that, the doc always came in and talked to who ever was with me and gave them the scoop. 

Good Luck, and try not to worry!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Most Active