Revision help... Old or new doctor

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/12 1:12 am - baltimore, MD
I had laproscopic gastic bypass surgery in 2005 and since i had the surgery life couldnt have been better however in 2008 i had a really bad car accident and since the accident my weight gain has been on the increase with me gaining about 40 pounds of my weight back in the last two years and i know that the reason for my weight gain has been been my fault. For the past year i have been working really had to get back on track but it had been an up hill battle because i feel that i am constantly hungry. I am at the point where i would like to have a consult for a revision beacuse i feel with the revision restricting my intake amounts again it will give the boost i need to get back on track. I know that my pouch has stretched i just don't know how much... I'm wonder with me looking to get a revision would it be better for me to go back to the original doctor that performed my WLS or to consult a new doctor???
Cheryl N.
on 6/19/12 5:41 am - Des Moines, WA
I used the same surgeon to do my revision WLS.  I think it would be good to check with your original surgeon first! :)  Good luck!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active