One week til revision..Last Meal or not?

TallDarknRalph
on 6/18/12 9:26 am
 So I am one week out from revision surgery... a surgery that will be 4-6 hours dn could not be done in my hospital of choice, but instead must be done in NYC...the exact same place as my first surgery...Yes i do have fears...especially after reading that the chance of leaking is 10 TIMES greater this time around...so instead of thinkign negative, my question is completely simple and relaxing...knowing all the mistakes i made first time around...do i have a last meal this time or not?  If i dont, will i regret it and try to have it after surgery, so i wont think i lost out on something...and if i do...what should i have...truth is..i eat cause i eat and nothing tastes awesome anymore...but what should i have...please help
smileyjamie72
on 6/18/12 10:58 am - Palmer, AK

Willpower!!!! You will do just fine after surgry!!!!!

What kind of revision are you having??

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

TallDarknRalph
on 6/18/12 11:20 am
 RNY revision with partial gastrecomy...my first surgery ws bound to fail...the cut was too low, so when pouch expanded...it became a tunnel...nothing stays in stomach...its like i am always hungry without the following feeling...this is a complete re-do
dhsimaitis
on 6/18/12 11:11 am
Revision on 04/23/12
mmmmmm.. not.  I can't say that I didn't indulge to some degree, but going in with the mindset that you can already do this is empowering for when you are post op again.

Good luck!!!

God bless all of our efforts...

TallDarknRalph
on 6/18/12 11:20 am
 I knew that and i am fine with it...but when you hear someone telling you that...does more for me...thanks..
JennLyric
on 6/24/12 1:23 am
 How did your surgery go?  Doing ok?  Did you have leaks?  Hope all went well.

Jennifer
TallDarknRalph
on 6/24/12 11:20 am
 I am having the surgery on tuesday of this week...have to call tmrw for surgery time...the procedure is 4-6 hours long...hopefully no leaks...my surgeon is skilled at revision, o i am crossing fingers...will let you know when i come out...thanks for the concern
JennLyric
on 6/24/12 11:37 am
I wish you well.  It's huge, I know.  I go in on Friday.  Starting to panic, but not enough to stop me, so that says something!!

Hope to hear from you after your surgery when you're well enough to check in.

Jennifer
TallDarknRalph
on 6/24/12 11:52 am
 What type of surgery are you having...Funny, im not worried about the surgery...im concerned about my past errors, which lead to this second surgery...I have to keep in my that this surgery isnt a magic cure, but a starting point for what has to be a life style change in both eating and activity.... the other day someone said that weight loss is a constant struggle and should be viewed as an addiction or disease.... yet so many see just a fat person that cant control themselves... so not true 
JennLyric
on 6/24/12 12:03 pm
 I'm having my 2003 Lapband removed and doing the RNY.  You hit the nail on the head...it's the old patterns and it absolutely should be viewed as a very serious addiction/disease.  It's a hellish one, isn't it?

I just get scared of leaks and/or bowel obstructions.  I can do pain.  That's old news.  But, I'm going into this WITHOUT diabetes, heart disease, liver disease...I'm doing it in time.  But, my blood shows that another year or so I'd be Type II.  So, it's necessary and it's time.

You're right...i'ts just a tool, not a cure.

What is your revision?

Jennifer
Most Active