Supervised Diet: Month 1

PCN
on 6/15/12 10:14 am
I'm doing this "supervised diet" for six months as part of my insurance requirments, and it looks like December for a BOB date. The surgeon's office is the one supervising me during this time.

This "diet" isn't quite what I was expecting. I have two goals for month one...cut down on my caffeine and exercise on the days I don't work (I work 9 hours a day five days a week on my feet!). I'm doing really well with the caffeine aspect, but the constant headaches have been keeping me from working on the exercise part.

I guess this six months is more about (re)developing healthy habits so that when I do have surgery, the transition will be smooth and I'll be more successful. The big question is, what would be two good goals to set at my next (July 10) visit?

The first goal I would like to add would be to NOT eat any fried foods at work (I work in fast food, and it's SOOO hard not to grab a stray fry). I figure if I really want something deep fried, I will have to get it as a treat somewhere else and not as an every day thing.

What would be a good second goal?
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 10:46 pm - WA
How about Not drinking with meals, or waiting 30 minutes after meals to drink? How about learning how many sugars and protiens are in what foods?
PCN
on 6/16/12 8:45 am
I have struggled with not drinking with meals ever since my original surgery...that would be a great goal to add! Thanks!
Most Active