Consult completed..onto the EGD part!

Tonya M.
on 6/14/12 1:31 pm - Fort Dodge, IA

Well, I had my consult with a new surgeon yesterday on Wed and it went surprisingly well.  Basically I have a couple options.  The surgeon was very very nice and according to my research he is a post-op gastric bypass patient himself so I found that to be pretty cool.  I am scheduled for an EGD next Wednesday so we can see what my insides are looking like at this point and time.  After he looks at that, we will discuss my options more further.  Hope it all works out for me, just gotta keep praying and hope for a revision!

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/12 11:14 pm - WA
Are you having an EDG (scope down throat) or a Barium Swallow (Floroscopy, upper GI). The reason I am asking is if you have the Barium Swallow Keep an eye on your pouch size. I am really curious as to what size it looks like to you.
Tonya M.
on 6/14/12 11:24 pm - Fort Dodge, IA
Im having an EGD..its next Wed.  I call Tuesday for the time I have to be at the hospital.  He said he will be looking at my pouch and the stoma.  It was interesting though because he let me see my medical records and according to the dictation notes..it said I had a lap-band and I was a male??  Strange and not very professionally done either.  Makes me question their thoroughness a little bit.  I'll let you know what I find out.  When willl you find out if you are a good candidate for the surgery??
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/12 11:46 pm - WA
waiting now, should be today or first part of next week. I have no insurance issues so This phone call tells me whether I am getting a surgery or not so the wait is just killing me. I can't  imagine how the insurance reliant folks can handle the wait. I have not left the house and when I walk around I take the phone with me. (even the toilet and the shower). I search this site daily for topics of did someones surgeon deny them. I dream about it at night...
Most Active