So ashamed of weight gain of over 67 pounds after rny in 1999.

heathercross
on 6/15/12 10:17 am - New York, NY
 Hi. I am a year out from my RNY to Band revision (Band over Bypass or BOB) and I am happy. I had my RNY in 2002, went from 305 to 175 in a year or so and in 2007, after hurting my back running, developed a bulging disk and gained back a substantial amount of weight. My BOB was June 23, I am at 188. I am thrilled. I was 183-189 from 2004-2007 after my PS.  I am a size 10/12, I exercise daily and I am really happy. The BOB was a piece of cake, in hopsital less than 24 hrs, I can eat far less than I ever did with the RNY and I have restriction again.  Email me if you want more info.

Heather
[email protected]
jjm
on 6/16/12 4:10 pm
Do you throw up a lot with BOB?
heathercross
on 6/17/12 3:19 am - New York, NY
 Some days yes somedays no.  It seems to happen several times a week then not for several weeks. I also have always been a fast eater so that has a lot to do with it.  Additionally, as a woman, the band is especially tight around your menstral cycle and also first thing in the morning.  

Also, its not really "throwing" up per se. Its something totally different than throwing up with the RNY.  Stuff comes up fast, it also comes up like foam.  Hard to explain unltil you experience it.
annamarie1969
on 6/19/12 10:42 pm - deltona, FL
 Thank you for your response ...I will certainly speak to the surgeon about this surgery...I kind of didn't think it would be useful until your email.  You look great and must be feeling it too.  the feeling is the best part. Congrats to u, Anna Marie   : )

heathercross
on 6/20/12 11:37 am - New York, NY
Good Luck.  Check out my profile as well, I've been fairly good about blogging.  Best of luck with whatever you decide.
smileyjamie72
on 6/18/12 11:04 am - Palmer, AK

I had an RNY to DS revision almost 6 months ago.  I understand your feelings of humiliation, I DO!!!!!

I completely blamed myself for "my failure".  Please read my blog.... and at the bottom is "My Story".

This is the article that sealed my decision to get my RNY to DS revision.
http://www.dssurgery.com/about/publications/duodenal-switch-safe-operation.pdf

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

annamarie1969
on 6/19/12 10:50 pm - deltona, FL
 Thank you smiley Jamie....I will certainly do that.  best Wishes to u and your family.  Sincerely yours, Anna marie 
Marycheer
on 6/18/12 1:20 pm
 I am 5 1/2 years post surgery, total weight loss 110 lbs. About 2 years after surgery, I had our last precious baby girl (totally a surprise at age 48!)  and now I am at weight gain, weight gain, about 3 lbs. at a time, about 55 lbs. up.  I cannot eat as much as I used to, but still am choosing the wrong food.  When I orginally had my surgery, I did very well, but the facility that I had it at closed 3 months later, and I was without support.  I have only had one checkup  (by a bariatric surgeon) in that amount of time since the original facility  closed and have been fortunate enough to be in good health.  The one doctor I did see billed through a hospital, and for the type of insurance we had, I had to pay a new deductible every time and could not afford it.  This breaks my heart, because I never did even get to goal, and I want to get back on track.  I do eat when I feel tied down even though I love our children dearly.  God bless you annamarie, I hope you are able to get back on track, and myself too.  I hate the way I feel and look.  SO much.  I would appreciate suggestions.
annamarie1969
on 6/19/12 10:49 pm - deltona, FL
 Best of Luck to you...I can feel your pain.  I know how it feels even minute to minute to feel like well...I can feel like a failure....I did so well...I know u feel like a failure but Thank God you kept alot of your weight off.  I think with the right info. and right support you can get back on track with yours.  I too though never got to goal but then again I am one big boned lady I am a greek/Italian/Heinz 57 and am very very large boned. I vividly remember when I got to 158 and my pockets had my hip and waist bones sticking out, I was thrilled but realistcally would 120 be worse, yeah...i thought so.  I am sorry you are feeling so down but honey I know the feeling.  I avoid everyone.  For Jimmity crickets sake I even moved not to face neighbors and old friends. I changed schools as well..I thought well this can be my little secret....nope...i know ..and if i know that is the worse....please keep in tocuh with us and reach out like i decided to do, i find this site extremely helpful and productive with my efforts. Here is wishing u a happier future, God Bless, Anna Marie : )
Most Active