pouch the size of a walnut

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/12 12:50 pm, edited 6/8/12 12:51 pm - WA
so I met with the NUT and the NP today to discuss my wanting a revision, RNY to RNY. When I told
 her I could eat 2 slices of pizza, she moved back a bit and looked surprised. She told me my
original surgery gave me a pouch the size of the end of her thumb to the closest knuckle. A
walnut size. She was surprised it had been made so small and that they do not do it that
small at her clinic. She suspects something is not right as I should not be able to put 2
slices of pizza in a walnut. She says that even at 4 years out I should have a pouch still
walnut size. That would be nice. So I have a upper GI series scheduled for tuesday.
If they see something I get the revision if not......
Hislady
on 6/8/12 3:01 pm - Vancouver, WA
I wish you the very best and hopefully a revision soon!
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/9/12 7:06 am - Windsor, Canada
 She's not too bright.  Over time the size of your pouch does get bigger.    That is common knowledge. Yes at four years out you should be able to eat two slices of pizza

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/12 8:20 am - WA
That's what I thought  too. I mean I started paying attention to other people and 2 slices is about the norm that I notice slender woman eating.  So I wasn't too worried about that but then when she said that I was like whoa, why did I not feel any pain. To hear you agree with me is comforting. Maybe there is nothing wrong with me after all.
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/9/12 9:50 am - Windsor, Canada
 What's the issue you are having? Looking to be revised? Gained?

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/12 10:07 am - WA
gained weight, can't seem to lose it no matter what I try. Can't seem to stick to the diet of a newbie either. Sucking down the protien drinks trying to stave off hunger didn't help either.  Anyway yes, looking at trying to get a revision. From a proximal RNY to a Distal RNY. Having a Upper GI (Fluroscopy) on turesday. The NP (she is so sweet and pretty)said she will find a doctor who is available to read the results and tell me if my pouch has strretched. If so she will try to see if one of the doctors will do a revision, if not I will need to see the NUT for diet advice. So I should find out in a week or so. I have never before hoped that something is wrong with me. I am leaning towards there is probably nothing wrong though. There are two other women on here in the same position as I am and they were told thier pouches were normal size so no revison needed.   
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/9/12 10:13 am - Windsor, Canada
 Good luck to you!

Jolly Rancher
on 6/10/12 10:13 am

Pouch size does come into play, but I think it's more stoma size for RNY than pouch size. Of course, you should not still have a walnut sized pouch after a certain time. That's ridiculous, but if your stoma has stretched, which I've read so much on here that they do........that's where the problem is. Yeah, you can eat like a thin person, but you have no pyloric valve to control the emptying of your stomach, so it can slide right through, depending........

Good luck!

Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
MsBatt
on 6/10/12 10:33 am
It's far more likely that your stoma has stretched than that your pouch has. Be sure they do whatever's necessary to check that out, too.
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/12 6:38 am - WA
I had my Flouroscopy today and I watched the films as he was doing the pictures. My pouch is between the size of a Large Egg and a small Tangerine. so still the right size for 4 years out. certanly bigger than a walnut but still so small. I could not see around to see the stoma but he said he was going to do some measurements to check that.
Most Active