Gastric Plication

lbdunavant
on 6/7/12 7:26 am
 I recently had my band removed due to a leak and had gastric plication done.  In the initial 3 weeks post surgery, I lost about 15 lbs.  I was very happy with that.  In these last 3 weeks since I could slowly resume eating, I have lost nothing.  I am very concerned.  I knew my weight loss would be slower than the first time around, but this is crazy.  Any help or support?????
Hislady
on 6/7/12 2:10 pm - Vancouver, WA
Sorry to say I haven't heard or read anything good about the plication it's too new to really have many stats. There are very few that I know of here that have had the plication so you may not get much info here. I think we all do tend to stall a bit in the first month or so and about all you can do is just keep following your program and maybe up your exercise to jump start the losing again. Good luck to you!
jhudson3410
on 7/26/12 11:32 pm - GA
Hi There! I had the plication Surgery just 11 days ago. I have had a lot of discussion with others that are so very happy with their choice. The weight loss seems to be strong week 1 then slow week 2 and 3 as the body is adjusting then it seems to start loosing again after that on average about 2 pounds a week. I think that is a healthy rate of weight loss.  I am down 32  pounds (17 of which Iost pre op) but I know more will be coming off. I am still on liquids, soft foods but soon I will be able to develop my new healthly lifestyle diet and keep my calories low. Most folks I had talked to with this surgery have lost 70% if their excess weight as long as they ate right and exercised. I did extensive research on this surgery before making the choice and I have to say I am not regretting it one bit! Good luck to you.
GG
Most Active