Looking to have Band over bypass

Tammy T.
on 6/6/12 10:03 pm - Great Bend, NY
I had my RNY in 2004 and lost 100 pounds. I never got to my goal weight but was very happy with my new me.I kept the weight off until my Hysterctomy in 2009. Sence then I have gained 50 pounds and now I am starting to have some health issues. I am looking into the band over bypass and I am looking for some asvise.
princess2131
on 6/9/12 12:12 am - champaign, IL
sorry it foby pouch
LVActor
on 6/9/12 8:36 am - Las Vegas, NV
I had the Band Over Bypass last Wednesday and haven't had any issues yet. The Dr. has me on a liquid diet and so far I've lost 21lbs. (I'm sure a lot of that is water weight). I know that this time I'll have to do the work (exercise, not graze), and deal with the issues in my head.
Jolly Rancher
on 6/10/12 10:15 am
No way I'd do that. Too many complications from a stand alone band, let alone over a bypass. Your best bet is to look into a revision to DS.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
PCN
on 6/11/12 11:54 pm
I don't have any advice other than suggesting that you talk to your surgeon. In my case, the ONLY revision offered to me was the BOB and that is what I will be going with (December date, I think). You might be able to see another surgeon, but where I live, NONE of the bariatric surgeons will take on patients that weren't theirs. I can't complain though, as a BOB is what I was wanting anyway...
Most Active