Ready/Approved for revision from Sleeve to RNY

Carmen C.
on 6/5/12 5:11 am
RNY on 08/08/12

I had my sleeve in 12/08- and lost around 75 pounds and regained 50 pounds back due to major.. major things
happen in my life and i used food as a comfort.. I know that I am starting over, but I have learned major lesson
this is just a tool and have to learn to take care of myself and love myself enough that no matter what hits my life that I don't seek food as my comfort.

Since then, I have seeked therapy to deal w/ my issues with food, and counseling and put on antidepressants, I started for a couple of months now on drinking protein drinks, saying NO to foods I know are weakness in my life
to just get off the coach.. Over and over again I remember as weight started climing I wanted to stop but couldn't figure out how I could. With prayer, church, and support and counseling I believe this time is diffrent time around.

I have it settled in my heart, with or without surgery.. I won't stop eating healthy, and taking 1 day at a time. The surgery is not a miracle and I can still regain the weight back after doing this surgery, it's a complete lifestyle change..

I am taking as much time off as I can so I can ensure this WILL not be a failure.. it will be a success.

Surgery is scheduled August 15th CAN"T WAIT

MsBatt
on 6/5/12 11:08 am
Why are you taking a perfectly good Sleeve and turning it into a POUCH??? It would be both simplier and more effective to add the Switch and have a full DS.
ginany
on 6/5/12 11:34 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
I second that.  You should really look into the DS since you already have the sleeve. Check out DSFActs.
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

clpeltz
on 6/6/12 3:38 am
On June 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM Pacific Time, Carmen C. wrote:

I had my sleeve in 12/08- and lost around 75 pounds and regained 50 pounds back due to major.. major things
happen in my life and i used food as a comfort.. I know that I am starting over, but I have learned major lesson
this is just a tool and have to learn to take care of myself and love myself enough that no matter what hits my life that I don't seek food as my comfort.

Since then, I have seeked therapy to deal w/ my issues with food, and counseling and put on antidepressants, I started for a couple of months now on drinking protein drinks, saying NO to foods I know are weakness in my life
to just get off the coach.. Over and over again I remember as weight started climing I wanted to stop but couldn't figure out how I could. With prayer, church, and support and counseling I believe this time is diffrent time around.

I have it settled in my heart, with or without surgery.. I won't stop eating healthy, and taking 1 day at a time. The surgery is not a miracle and I can still regain the weight back after doing this surgery, it's a complete lifestyle change..

I am taking as much time off as I can so I can ensure this WILL not be a failure.. it will be a success.

Surgery is scheduled August 15th CAN"T WAIT

You need to do more research before you do ANY cutting.  Based on your post on the DS forum, you don't even know the difference between a RNY and DS.  Know what you are doing before you do into MAJOR surgery.

And, I second and third the previous posters.  Revising from a VSG to a RNY should be a crime.  

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Whit
on 6/7/12 8:21 am
Revision on 12/10/12
 Hi,
I have the RNY and loved it for the first 6 years but over the last 4 have gained a significant amount of weight back.  If I had it to do over again I would have had DS. Better long term results. Your surgeon may not be qualified and thus not offering it as an option. Look into it a bit more so you do what is right for you.
Best,
Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

smileyjamie72
on 6/11/12 11:53 am - Palmer, AK

I just revised from RNY to DS.  My RNY FAILED!!!!  Please do your research.  There are only about 1/2 dozen surgeons who do this complex risky surgery~check my profile for a list.

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Most Active