Approved lap band to rny

Diane W.
on 5/30/12 9:49 am
Revision on 08/10/12
I'm so excited, my revision has been approved, but now I just need to wait for a surgery date.  Hopefully I will be able to have the surgery in June. Can't wait to be on the loser's bench and be through with this #@%#@ band!!!!
Hislady
on 5/30/12 1:32 pm - Vancouver, WA
Whooray, as far as I'm concerned the only good band is a dead band! Life is gonna be so much better without it!
wolfpack6
on 5/31/12 1:29 am
 I am with you!  I am currently waiting for the same thing.  Have had the band since 05.  Constant problems with spasms, vomiting, etc.Weight loss then gain and then some.  End result I weigh more than pre-band and all the problems with eating.  I cant wait to get it out!
vicki in indy
on 6/24/12 9:55 am - Indianapolis, IN
 Hi My Name is Vicki  I am going through the process of getting approval for revision surgery from Lap band (also since 2005) to Rny.  I would love to hear about how this has went for others ect.
I am a bit scared,  but I think the rny is the only thing left to do to get my heath back.
Diane W.
on 5/31/12 3:30 am
Revision on 08/10/12
Drum roll please.....Tricare just approved as secondary insurer! Next stop surgery.

Turtle Lynn
on 6/3/12 12:31 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Congrats!!!! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Ksan32
on 6/24/12 10:08 am - AZ
I revised. Lapland 2007 and RNY on 8/2/2012. BCBS approved me in about a week. I am extremely happy I had surgery. At goal weight and wished I had RNY the first time.
vicki in indy
on 7/8/12 10:26 am - Indianapolis, IN
 Did you have to go through everything like you were a brand new baratric patient,  the pshy, the dietician and  ect.  I understand the need for some of it.  But I have to jump through so many hoops before they will even submit to insurance.  I have Anthem BCBS and Medicare due to disability.  i had no problems getting approved for the lap band.  The pshy said I need three months of counseling at the weight loss center.  So now I have to do that before they will even get approval.  I am a bit down.  Trying to not be.  But I am in so much pain from taking so much insulin.  I had hoped the surgery could be much sooner.  
So now couseling and dietician and recording my foods etc.  for three months.  
Vicki
Ksan32
on 7/8/12 11:26 am - AZ
 No, I did not have to redo anything or lose any weight. Once I was approved they gave me a date. I'm sorry you have to start over but it will be good practice. I joined myfitnesspai.com to keep track of my meals because I wanted to stop losing and increase my calorie intake. Try using this tool and be strong the time will come and you will be on the path to healthier living! I will pray that your journey be smooth sailing.

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

kyornurse
on 7/8/12 10:48 am
RNY on 07/31/12
Vicki

I have a lapband placed in October 2007.  I am having it removed and having RNY July 31.  I did have to have 6 months of follow up with my diabetic educator plus I did have a psych eval and evaluaiton with Nutritionist.  Time passed very quickly and now I am almost there. 

Most Active