I want a Revision!

Lissa Strombelline
on 5/26/12 9:10 am - PA
had RNY Gastric Bypass in Feb. 2009.  I started at 381 and got down to about 235 and maintained that for like a year.  It was so cool!!  I was dating T. at the time and would constantly be pushing him around in his wheelchair (Mall and going for walks).  Then in Nov. 2010, he dumped me.  I was EXTREMELY depressed and didn't exercise at all.  Since Fall 2010, I have gained approximately 50 pounds.  NOT GOOD!!!!  

I want to get a revision.  I need another boost to help me lose this 50 lbs. or more!!!!!!!  I see my surgeon on July 6.  I want to lose some major weight from now until then.  My 10-Year High School Reunion is July 28 and I wanna look great!!!
http://facebook.com/Lissa2002
Text Me: 814 806 7861

MsBatt
on 5/27/12 1:40 pm
What's your current BMI?

Revisions are riskier than 'virgin' surgeries. And WLS isn't really about looking good---it's about getting healthy.
Zee Starrlite
on 5/29/12 1:20 am
Work on your head first!  What happens when another emotional thing happens in your life - it is inevitable as we are living.  Get your mental/emotional state in order.  Try eating right and exercising - follow the rules for your WLS.  Then when you are in a good state and you've done all you can do and you still need a revision you can explore.  We can't keep having surgery it is not feasible.  Surgery is life threatening especially revisions!

I wish you very well.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/12 6:09 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Unless you are self-pay, you need to have a valid reason for revision if you expect your insurance to pay for it.  Depression isn't usually a valid reason for revision.

Zee got it right, you need to work on your head first.  Get your head in the right place, start eating right again, and start exercising again, you might neither need nor want a revision.

Losing 50 ponds between now and July 28 is unlikely to happen.  That is 25/month, or 6/week.  This far out after surgery, losing that much weight in that short of a time is way optimistic.

You can, however, look great.  How you look reflects how you feel and nearly everyone on OH has know some mighty hot men and women who were or are heavy.  If you believe you are attractive, then most of the world will follow suit.
happygirl01
on 6/4/12 9:53 pm
Are you getting revision. What is the best one. My dr I know is going to suggest band. I hear the rose procedure is no good. I am so confused about which one right now. I need it due to hip replacement and bad knees. It is my only chance to stay out of wheelchair. Let me know which one you have heard is the best. Thanks and take care.
misslisa35630
on 6/6/12 12:10 pm - florence, AL
I had RNY in 1999, I weighed close to 400 lbs, I lost down to about 280, I now weigh 369, and slowly climbing back up. I still have problems eating certain foods, and get sick quite often. I am having alot of problems and recently had a spinal fusion. My Ortho Dr. said unless I lose some weight my back is going to break right back down, I have tried, and I dont know what else to do. The Dr. that did my RNY is retired, will it be easy going to another Dr? I am at a complete loss, what do I need to do first? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lisa
Most Active