BCBS of NC

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/12 1:28 pm - Wendell, NC
I  was wondering  has  anyone  had  the  revision  with  BCBS of  NC  as  their  insurance. I  am  seeking  a  revision  honestly just  getting started , but  wanted to  see  if  I  would have  problems with  BCBS   approving  me.
TamaraL
on 5/25/12 9:55 pm
what surgery did you have and what are you revising to.

You do have to meet revision guidelines. Look online at the requirements.  I was lap band to RNY and they did not have a problem doing mine.  I was approved immediately!!!

Tamara

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/12 12:50 am - Wendell, NC
  I  had  the  RNY  in  August  2009 . I  lost  100 lbs  in  6 months  ,sick  the  whole  entire  surgery low iron  to the  point  whereI  had  to  take  iron infusions 3hours every other  month ,vitamin  deficiencies, scar tissue 2  hernia removals, gall bladder and  bowel  obstructions at 6 months post op. Than 3 months  later and  intestinal  hernia. I  get  sick  on  almost  everything I  eat . I  did  lose  an  additional 40 lbs however it  was  from  stress  and  just  not  having  an  appetite. My  BMI is  still  at  obesity level  I  am  seeing  a  new  bariatric  Dr. and  I  do meet  the  guidelines,I  would  like  to  revise  to  a  DS . I only  want to  lose  100-120 lbs.

I  was  going to  ask  ,how  are you  doing  with  your  revision  as  far as  weight loss? A  friend   had  a  lap  to  RNY  revision in  Feb. 2012 and  she  looks  great. Thanks for  your  help.
TamaraL
on 5/26/12 2:21 am
I am about 7 pounds from my goal weight.

What is your bmi???  They will do the DS but it looks like only if your BMI is 50 or above.  Also make sure you go to a known surgery who has experience taking down the RNY and doing the sleeve.

If you are denied you can appeal but sometimes it is a lengthy process!!!

Tamara

Diane W.
on 5/31/12 3:34 am
Revision on 08/10/12
I just got approved thru BCBS NC. Dr did a great job of explaining situation.
TamaraL
on 5/31/12 8:12 am
are you revising to DS and what was your BMI???

Diane W.
on 5/31/12 7:51 pm
Revision on 08/10/12
I'm revising to rny with a 37 bmi with comorbidities
CMOB1975
on 1/14/15 10:36 am

Congrats on your approval. Getting to submit my stuff to BCBSNC and hoping to get approved.m

christine D.
on 6/5/12 10:15 am - OH
I had emergency surgery to remove a slipped band.  After a 6 month process and a 2nd level appeal, I got approval.  I had re-gained 30 of my 80 pounds lost after a year, so my surgeon recommended me for revision to a sleeve.  BCBS of NC was my insurance.  Keep pursuing if you get denied.  The 2nd level appeal was through an outside party, who thought it ridiculous for me to have to re-gain all my weight. 
Most Active