Revision from band to RNY

wolfpack6
on 5/24/12 6:53 am
 Hello,

I am hoping to connect with anyone who has had a revision from band to RNY.  Has the experience been good?  Are you happy with the rate of weight loss?  Any information would be helpful.
Hzleydgal
on 5/25/12 1:24 am
I had revision from Band to RNY the end of March. The weight loss has been slower than people who have RNY only, but it's still coming off and I feel great. I prefer it to come off a bit slower to help with loose skin.. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. I'm new here, but will tell you anything I know.
wolfpack6
on 5/25/12 2:23 am
 Thank You for your reply.  I would be happy to loose 10 pounds a month.  Also I am a bit concerned because I have had knee surgery on both my knees which makes it difficult to exercise.  I am on a wait list to join a health club that has a fantastic pool and water areobics so that will help when I get in but in the meantime I hope the weight comes off.  I am meeting with a surgeon on the 14th and am just in the process of gathering up all the medical info the insurance needs so hopefully I will get approved soon and get this over with.
Hzleydgal
on 5/25/12 2:39 am
That's where I am. Averaging about 10lbs a month. I haven't really been exercising at all yet as I've had a hard time getting in the amount of protein and calories I need to really start. Hoping too soon. Good luck with all the approvals and process. I really believe revising to RNY was the best choice for me and is a true gift in my life.
JennLyric
on 6/14/12 4:09 am
 I have a question please....did you have any leaking after the band to RNY?  I'm doing the same revision on 6/29.

Thank you so much.

Jennifer
Most Active