Revision from Sleeve to RNY

Carmen C.
on 5/24/12 5:58 am
RNY on 08/08/12
Hello I am scheduled first week for surgery in August
I remember went I went through mentally and emotionally when I had the sleeve.

Is it the same? 
Weight loss the same or diffrent? 
Is it easier since you have gone through it before?

Just asking for feedback?
libbyw
on 6/3/12 10:58 am - Australia
My hubby has this revision done last July. He found he recovered much quicker this time around and definitely found it easier the second time around. Weight loss I believe was a little slower but nice and steady for 8 months until he reached his goal, the top of his weight range. He is very happy with the surgery but had to learn a few lessons about what he can and can't eat the hard way. The main thing is to very careful not to have too much sugar. He doesn't eat fatty foods but I imagine that would be the same.
I'm now looking at the same revision - seeing my doc late July.

Libby
rpenny
on 6/3/12 1:53 pm - GA
 I also had a sleeve 9/13/10.  I have only lost 45lbs to date, which is very disappointing.  My diabetes has gotten worse over the last 12 months and I want to revise to a RnY to get rid of the diabetes and to have  built in deterent for my sweet tooth and love for soda.  Hope I can find a surgeon in the Atlanta area that is willing to do this revision procedure.
rpenny
on 6/3/12 1:55 pm - GA
 Congrats on your surgery date.  I no longer have insurance to cover a 2nd procedure, if you used alternative methods please share.  I would like to revise to a RnY from a failed VSG.  Did ou have problems losing the weight or with regaining weight, just curious.  I only lost roughly around 50 lbs....
Thanks
Roshaun
mrios1029
on 8/2/12 11:46 am - Cleveland, OH
VSG on 12/03/12
Hi I'm looking to revise my sleeve.  According to my doctor, the original sleeve wasnt done right.  I went to Mexico and had it done there.  He said I can either fix the sleeve or have  RNY.  Just want to know how the people that had the sleeve revised to RNY are doing.... I lost about 70lbs with the sleeve but have gained about 25lbs.  I'm leaning more to doing the RNY.   Any info/feedback?

Thanks!
Most Active