Headed toward my 2nd revision July 10th

TamaraL
on 5/23/12 10:36 am
please do more research on this.  I do understand what you are saying with the scar tissue and the upper pouch and then the RNY pouch.  Sounds like your stomach still thinks you have a band.

So why can they not go in and try to remove the adhesions and scar tissue.  I would be very careful with having the RNY.  You could end up in worse shape.

I would also seek a second opinion and do lots of research on this.

If you are 145 many insurance companies are going to be hesitant in doing another surgery because you could lose too much. 

You are still going to have to have a small pouch for the RNY and then you will have malabsorption which will cause weight loss and you will have a lifetime of malabsorption of vitamins

Tamara

Zee Starrlite
on 5/24/12 4:45 am, edited 5/24/12 4:45 am
Hmmm can't your doc try doing something to minimize your scar tissue?  At 145 and 5'6 you are normal BMI.

Constant puking is no way to live.  I would have began stalking my doc to do something immediately.  You've been doing this (vomitting) for years - worry that you are doing harm so that you can take some action.

And yes there are ppl that must convert to RNY for relieve from reflux.  I don't know what your true issue is - at this point you know that you are not going from band to RNY, you are going from Band to Sleeve to pouch and bypass.  That is more scar tissue!

I truly hope you find a solution.  What you are going through seems horrible.

Best

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active