BOB Surgeons in Va

crothers2003
on 5/18/12 3:55 am - Scottsville, VA
Does anyone know of a surgeon in Va who performs banding over existing roux en y due to stretching of pouch
heathercross
on 5/19/12 4:21 am - New York, NY
 Hi.  Just pull a list of doctors in the area and then either call the office and ask if they do revisions or pull their website. 

I had my BOB on June 23rd of last year.  Some doctors wouldn't touch another person's patient which I think is stupid but you should be able to find someone.  

Heather

DawnVA
on 5/20/12 9:18 am - VA
Hi Heather!  Just wondering if you could share your experience about having banding post gastric-bypass.  I'm considering it and would like to get your experience and perspective.  Thanks!!

Dawn
heathercross
on 5/20/12 9:59 am - New York, NY
 Hey Dawn, click on my name and check out my profile. I've been updating sparadocially throughout the experience.  Overall, its very positive. I'll be a year post-op next month (June 23) and I am down close to 60lbs. I am at my post-RNY weight and would like to lose about 20-25lbs.  But, its been a toughroad bc I lost my job last October so I eat when I am depressed and I either workout 7 straight days and then not again for a week.  I'm surprised I've been able to be this good considering what Im going through.  

After you read my profile, hit me up with any questions.

DawnVA
on 5/22/12 5:08 am - VA
Thank you so much Heather!  I've learned a lot from reading your profile and appreciate you logging your process.  I was wondering...how is eating with a band different than eating with the bypass?  I'm used to what I can and cannot eat with the bypass, but unsure about banding.  I saw the below response to one of your FAQs, but I'm wondering...if you can eat more, how is weight loss achieved?  Thanks so much!     Dawn

Do you feel full quickly ? How do you compare now to postop gastric by-pass ? You can eat a lot more food but it is different. My fears now are can I get it down bc the opening within the inside of the band is very very narrow.  After RNY, it was like 4 -5 bites and I was full. For example, I can eat a cheeseburger no bun and some veggies, or a 2 egg omlette and some potatoes, chicken breast and some salad, I haven’t attempted bread yet. I have had a drink or 2 (well more actually) and I did have cheesecake while on a business trip.
heathercross
on 5/23/12 11:34 pm - New York, NY
 Hey Dawn.  That posting was very early on.  I'm almost a year out now.  I can eatlike 1-1/2 cups of food.  Some days I can eat a lot, some days not.  I also have to eat very slow.  If you eat too much or too fast, it gets stuck and has to come back up.  When it comes back up, its like foam.  Its very bizarre.  You also Burp ALL THE TIME. I burp 24/7.  When I said you can eat a lot more food, I mean types of food.  I can eat anything except bread.  I eat caebs, but, not bread.
suemeister2773
on 6/17/12 6:53 am - holly springs, NC
Why do you think you burp 24/7, is there something htat can be done about that?  jamie
heathercross
on 6/17/12 6:58 am - New York, NY
 Sue, I don't know. I don't really burp that much, but when you go from not burping at all previously, it just seems like its 24/7.  I usually do it after I eat, might be air, etc. I do know that if I can burp after I eat, I didn't eat to much and I am happy!  Bc when I ate too much, I cannot burp at all and I have to make it come back up.
Most Active