Revision Rny to Rny weight loss expectations

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/12 1:21 am - Prosper, TX
I am having a revision soon and I believe it will be RNY to RNY. Has anyone had the RNY to RNy?  Howlong ago?  What has your weight loss been?  Did you still have the same restriction as the original surgery?  Have you managed to change your habits?
I know this is alot please answer as many as you can?  I will take all the ehlop I can get.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/15/12 11:56 am
You should  check on the DS board. The folks I know who went from RNY to ERNY, later revised to DS, or are having problems. I only know a few who went for RNY to ERNY, but none who have done well without problems or revision.

The ERNY revision is easiest for a surgeon, but nosomuch for the person living their life with it. There are only a few surgeons that can handle the revision to DS, and unless you talk to one of them, you won't get unbiased advice on what would be best for YOU. What is easiest for the surgeon, or within their limited skill set is secondary on what you have to live with for the rest of your life.

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/12 12:45 am - WA
will you re-post this on the main board? I am really wanting to know the answer.
riverrita
on 5/28/12 10:11 am - new cumberland, PA
I have had the revision from lap band to rny. I have done well with my weight loss. However, I had complications with a bowel obstruction. I had to have surgery again. Can't process sugar very well, so my chocolate intake is non existent. Havent had any alcohol either. I'm 4 months out
Whit
on 7/4/12 8:03 am
Revision on 12/10/12
 Hi,
Can you please update us on your status... Health, surgery, weight? I may be having this and wanted to know how you are doing.
Best
Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active