Band only in 3 months & removed 3 years ago - now sleeve

MissMor
on 5/10/12 11:31 pm, edited 5/10/12 11:37 pm - Australia
Hi there, I'd love to hear from anybody whose case is similar to mine. Was banded 2008, band removed three months later, and about to be sleeved, more than 3 years on (experience with band was so hideous I was anti all WLS for a long time, but have gained a fair bit of weight back of course).

If anyone else had band in place only for very short time and/or waited a long time before revising to sleeve after a band, I would really appreciate hearing your revision/recovery experience please, ie. was revision recovery similar/better/worse than banding/removal given band was in for short time?

Thanks
Hislady
on 5/11/12 1:44 pm - Vancouver, WA
Oh you are so far from being alone on this! Many many bandsters have gone the same route you have. Try posting this on the sleeve forum, there are literaly hundreds of ex bandsters over there!
girliegirlgirl
on 5/14/12 1:01 pm
i have had my band out for about 3 yrs.  i never thought id be researching another surgery. i must be crazy.  what the hell is wrong with me that i cant lose this weight on my own??  i just dont get it.  anyway, im sorry i cant help too must because im still in the research mode.  im looking into the sleeve, but scared.  im meeting with another dr next week to hear his opinion. 
Most Active