2 different surgeons revision

Chrissy8964
on 5/9/12 8:14 am
 I went to a different  surgeon today he also says they don't like to do revisions. I had a Rny in 2002 but at least I guess he will check the  pouch size. I guess if I don't get one, I will just go weigh****chers again and just keep trying.
heathercross
on 5/9/12 8:49 am - New York, NY
 Unless you live in a town with only 1 doctor, why let this man's opionion dedcide you fate.  Educate yourself and find another doctor.  I've found that "they don't like to do revisions" bc they AREN'T SKILLED ENOUGH TO DO SO".  Just saying.

Chrissy8964
on 5/9/12 10:01 am
 Nobody likes to do a revision in NH or Me,if someone else did the first surgery I had my done in Mass  and my surgeon says that revisions are not  successful (Rny). I have called a lot of places, I can't afford to go any place else.
heathercross
on 5/9/12 11:24 am - New York, NY
 NYC isn't very far from you.  There are some fine revision surgeons in NYC.
Shavonne P.
on 5/10/12 4:42 am
Heather!! How are you doing??
heathercross
on 5/10/12 5:26 am - New York, NY
 Hey Pretty Lady.  How are you?  I'm well, still unemployed but hanging in there. Amazing to me that I've been able to comntinue to lose during this 7 mos layoff.  Im back at my post-RNY weight and I am trying to lose an extra 25 to get me down to like 150.  I hope you are well!
Shavonne P.
on 5/10/12 5:31 am
Wow! Sounds like you are doing great weight wise.  Sorry to hear about the layoff. I am sure things will look up soon.  Things are all good here.  I am 20 lbs less than I ever got with RNY, and 5 lbs away from goal.  But I may push for more.  Feeling great though.
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Virgo64
on 5/16/12 1:07 pm
Don't let this defeat you!  I am in Indiana and I have had to consult with a Dr. in Chicago and I found another great one in Michigan and they both LOVE the challenge of a revision.  I'm going to be going with the Dr. in Michigan because he is in network on our insurance policy.  I actually found this doc on this website and I know he's the real deal. 

These doctors are out there, you just have to do a litle checking around.  My husband's insurance is through BCBS of Mass and we're all the way in Indiana using a doc i Michigan.  Don't give up!!
Most Active