Had rny 9 years ago ~ need a revision

Ms.CGeorge
on 5/5/12 11:46 am - CO
I just recently had a revised rny. After major life changes and 2 babies I gained almost all of my weight back. It took about 2 weeks for insurance to approve everything. Good luck.
LISA V.
on 5/6/12 1:29 pm - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
How long did it take to recover? Did they just resize the pouch?
adnerb
on 5/6/12 11:22 am
I had RNY in 2000, gained part of my weight back and had a revision to DS Dec. 2011. I have lost all my excess weight and am 10# from goal. It has been a blessing and would recommend it to anyone. I was self-pay...my ins. did not cover any weightloss surgery. Best wishes with whatever you decide.
Brenda
LISA V.
on 5/6/12 1:42 pm - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13
Wow your insurance wouldn't cover it? I am afraid of actually losing part of my stomach even though I'm not using it. I have had ulcers and if I don't know what would happen if it needed to be repaired. Was the surgery hard for you? Do you wish you had the DS instead of the RNY in the begining? I wish you a very speedy 10lb loss  and congrats to all of your weight loss.
Michelle S.
on 5/10/12 2:50 am
Here is an interesting talk dealing with revisions. I hope some find it helpful:
http://vimeo.com/25570146
"Does the patient fail the procedure or does the procedure fail the patient?"
tashadelight
on 5/14/12 12:31 pm - Ypsilanti, MI
 I am in the same boat Lisa our RNY dates are a week apart i was 7-7-03. I have an appt 7-3 to see about revision. I will post my progress an i will continue to watch and listen for advice. I don't know what to expect I changed insurance and I am going some place new. They didn't seem thrilled but I am not either but I would have to wait untill January to go back to my initial place. I would love any advice on the topic of revision or getting back on trac****ill the revision??/
tashadelight
on 5/14/12 12:33 pm - Ypsilanti, MI
 untill the revision sorry about typeo
Most Active