Having bypass after band tomorrow SCARE

Princelinda
on 5/1/12 11:08 am
Lap Band on 01/24/11 with
I am having a bypasss done after i had the band done 2 years ago.... i did not loose weight with band only 25lbs ....
i AM SO SCARE TO FAIL AGAIN OR THAT SOMETHING MIGHT GO WRONG..... I AM ONLY 33 AND i KNOW I BEEN LAZY ...BUT I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE SEEING ME FAT AND TALKING BEHIND MY BACK.....PLEASE ANYONE TELL ME THIS IS BETTER THAN THE LAP BAND

Hislady
on 5/1/12 3:46 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hon anything is better than the band!!! You aren't the only one who didn't lose with the band there are thousands of us in the same boat. Now you will have to follow the rules and watch what and how much you eat but the RNY has been around for a long time and has a proven success rate. There have been lots of folks *****vised from the band to bypass and done very well so stay looking on the bright side and you'll do great. Don't let the failure with the band cloud your new surgery!
Princelinda
on 5/1/12 3:49 pm
 thanks so much!!! thats what i needed to hear! bless you
Princelinda
on 5/1/12 9:34 pm
 thanks so much for those words...its what i needed to hear. i am here at the hospital already waiting

Turtle Lynn
on 5/2/12 12:23 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Good luck with your surgery! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/12 2:47 am
Good luck tomorrow.  I clicked on the link to you doc and saw a review from Kim.  She is the daughter/sister of the surgeons that were on the show Big Medicine.  It looks like she revised from her original band to the realize band and then to bypass.  Looks like you/we are not alone.
I hope everything goes perfectly for you.
Teresa C.
on 5/3/12 12:48 am - New Zealand
i hope your surgery was successful!
Princelinda
on 5/25/12 4:14 am
I had my surgery and already lost 21 pounds. I know this time I will loose the all the extra pounds I have...I already feel good about myself.
Thanks to everyone who posted a comment
Princelinda
on 5/25/12 4:19 am
Thanks everyone I had my surgery and it went well. I have lost 21 pounds already.

Thanks to everyone for the commends.

Diane W.
on 5/30/12 10:37 am
Revision on 08/10/12
I'm so excited for you.  Hopefully my surgery will go well also and I'll also be on the road to losing again.  Bye bye band!
Most Active