RNY revision needed in Houston tx

Julie L.
on 4/27/12 11:41 am - TX
 I'm suffering from terrible marginal ulcers & have been told I need revision to my 10 yr old roux en y procedure in Houston. Very serious problems here. Has anyone had a revision with a Houston dr?
DMColeman12
on 5/15/12 12:39 am
 Julie,

I just had my VBG revised to the RNY by Dr. T. Jayakumar 713 995 1202.   He is an amazing surgeon.   Really nice man and really good.   He teaches and instructs other surgeons.  I recommend you call him.   He did my VBG in 1999 and I never had a single problem.   I went from 576 to 286 and then over the years started to gain back slowly.  I did the Revision to lose more weight.   So far,  I have lost a total of 35 lbs.
Julie L.
on 5/15/12 4:35 am - TX
Thank you for your reply.  I will call Dr. Jayakumar's office for a consultation.  I'm still having problems since I posted that message and appreciate your response.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/15/12 11:46 am
I personally would not allow another type of RNY, like ERNY to be done on me. It would not resolve the issues.

I would only go to a surgeon that could revise me to a DS and restore the pylorus, and there are only a few surgeons that can handle that surgery.
Saraquilts
on 5/26/12 1:40 am
 I had a revision from vertical banded gastroplasty to rny on Tuesday. I had pouch blockage and pulled part staples. I've been very pleased with Dr. Vadim Sherman. My GI doctor said he couldn't recommend anyone in Houston and wanted me to go to the Mayo clinic. I wrote to the Mayo clinic and they recommended Sherman and Reardon who are both at Methodist.
Most Active