Band slip? How do you know?

Dixie53093
on 4/26/12 12:07 pm

Is there a way to tell if your band has slipped or is this something that was discovered during fills? I have had my band since 2001 and other than vomiting from time to time and getting the hick-ups every time I eat I haven't noticed any problems. I got approval from my new insurance to see their bariatric surgeon but I am waiting on a call from the surgeon's office to schedule my appointment.
Has anyone had any experience with Sacramento Bariatric Medical Associates? That is who my insurance has sent me to.

Turtle Lynn
on 4/27/12 3:16 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I think the only way to diagnose a slip is with an x-ray study with or without contrast. 

Maybe your primary care doctor could order it for you while you wait for a call back from the surgeon's office?

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Teresa C.
on 5/1/12 11:37 pm - New Zealand
i had a slipped band last year, it was the worse thing to go through!!!

you will know...you wont be able to eat , drink basically function, and if you throw up all you do is throw up black liquid which could be blood or gastrice juice, i think i recall reading somewhere online someone calling it that l. Also, you're in pain and you have to dea with the reflux, dehydration...its not a pretty picture...you can also feel your port might have moved, but as the the other poster said, only your doctor and xray will tell you for sure if you have bad slippage or a prolasped band as they call it :P
good luck. fingers crossed you dont have it :D
Most Active