SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND (REVISION QUESTION) VERY DETAILED ISSUE

Sharekia W.
on 4/26/12 12:02 pm

OK, I need some assistance. I have an issue that spanns over several boards. Issue one, I am a post op (RNY, 2004). I started at 420 #s. I had RNY in May 2004 and got down to 272 #s. Today, I stand at a whopping 318 #s and I need a revision. I am always hungry, have SEVERE heartburn, and ulcers to boot! ISSUE 2, I just got back on SC medicaid and I was told by my PCP that MUSC does not take Blue Choice. I really want to work with Dr. Byrne for this procedure so could someone please tell me which type of medicaid is accepted by his office. Has anyone even had a revision with medicaid? I do not even know if it is possible but it's worth a try. ISSUE 3, what are the medical necessities that are needed to constitute a revision? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND! THANKS! Oh, I want to add that my BMI is 53.49 and I am 5 feet 2 inches.
Sharekia

Hislady
on 4/26/12 12:48 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'm sorry but I doubt anyone here can help you with your questions. You'll really have to contact the people in charge of your particular insurance and possibly your doctor's insurance folks to get these kinds of answers. I doubt anyone here has the knowledge to be able to help you, good luck tho, I hope you will find your answers from the medical folks!
Turtle Lynn
on 4/27/12 3:14 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Hi Sharekia,

I would call the Medicaid office directly and see which Bariatric surgeons they cover; the one you want may or may not be on their list.  You could also call his office first and see if he takes that insurance. 

I'm sure a revision with Medicaid would be covered due to complications/medical necessity. 

From your BMI alone you should qualify for a revision, but especially due to the fact that you are in pain and have Band-related complications, it should not be difficult to get a revision approved.
Best of luck to you, keep us updated on your progress!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Most Active