Gastric Bypass to Band ?

shellyAI
on 4/26/12 9:14 am - MN
Has anybody had a gastric bypass and then had a lap band procedure years later? I had gastric Bypass 10 years ago and I kept the weight off really well until I injured my back. Then I went down hill and gain 75% back in less than 2 years. really mad at myself
Sharekia W.
on 4/26/12 12:07 pm
Hi Shelly,
I know how you feel! I am furious with myself too but I FINALLY got the nerve toseek a revision. I don't even know what the revision options are so you are in a better boat than I am. At least you know what you want. Stop being mad at yourself. You will get this right. Email me when you feel the need to chit chat. I am not on here much. Ususally here are no responses. [email protected]
 Best of luck!
WLSGIRL
on 4/29/12 1:45 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 02/27/06 with
I feel your pain..I had Gastric Bypass 6 yrs ago and gained back 1/2 and still going..I want to do the band now. I have an appt for another upper GI to begin the journey again. My self esteem got so low again  Kristen
bandover
on 5/12/12 12:55 am
i have an appointment for band over bypass, but i'm chickening out. i'm thinking there are too many complications and too many people take them out. i think i will go for DS now. it will mean waiting another year, but it just sounds more effective.

any thoughts or advice? ungsom sounds like the best doctor for the lowest price so far in my search.
band over bypass scheduled with Almanza July 2012
Most Active