seeking dr for proximal to distal in , OR, ID,MT?

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/12 5:33 am, edited 6/8/12 11:41 pm - WA

I want a revison and cannot seem to find a listing for the right Dr. seeking dr for RNY proximal to Distal in  OR, ID,or Montana?Know any? I am researching my options right now, by looking at proceedures and researching Doc;s.

Bonnie M
on 4/22/12 9:00 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
I went to Dr Joya in Puerta Vallarta, MX.
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/12 3:40 am - WA
My option is to drive no more than 10 hours so mexico is not an option for me, otherwise it would be hola, estoy listo para mi la sedación  (hello, I am ready for my sedation)
Ladytazz
on 4/23/12 4:17 am
Hi, I read your previous post and you received an excellent answer there.  If your problem is eating too many sweets and refined carbs like bread then a revision really won't help you.  Sorry, I've been there.  I managed to out eat a very malabsorptive procedure with my carb addiction and I lost all my excess weight, and I'm keeping it off, with reduced malabsorption when I got a handle on the carb addiction.  You can have all the WLS's in the world but until you address your eating problems they won't be as successful as they could be.
I'm not saying you wouldn't benefit from a revision.  I know I did and it wasn't to lose weight.  I had a lot of problems due to the malabsorption and I wanted a reversal even though I had regained 100 lbs.  I found that there are worse things then being fat and being fat and sick was one of them.  My surgeon said that I couldn't be reversed, only revised to absorb more.  He also gave me a RNY pouch so I would finally have restriction, which I never had before.  The restriction along with eliminating all sugar and gluten from my diet is what has helped me.
I know what it's like to feel out of control with your eating.  It is hard to get a handle on.  I suggest counseling or Overeaters Anonymous if you can't do it on your own.  Once you feel better about your eating it will be easier to know how to proceed as far as a revision.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/12 7:48 am, edited 4/23/12 2:41 pm - WA
Oh I hear you. I had therapy for a few years to learn why I eat the way I do. Now that my head is fixed I need my body fixed as well. Medical Skill and Knowlegde is out there to help us and I plan on using it to the fullest. As a society we wouldn't tell an AIDS patient that until they learned to stop being risky or the meds won't help. No we would educate them on how to stay safe, pick them up and give them thier meds. I feel the same way. I spent a heck of alot of money learning how to not repeat my mistakes and now I am ready for the surgery. I am ready for the new lifestyle with all the knowledge I paid for and surgical help I can get. But I hear you, if I were on here wanting the surgery and not going to change my ways would be ludicrous. But that is not the case.
Bonnie M
on 4/23/12 6:45 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
Wishing you the best!
MickeyDee
on 4/24/12 8:51 am
Try the website dsfacts.com
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/12 12:50 am, edited 4/25/12 12:51 am - WA
thank you, I am going to be looking up that website.
Most Active