Wanting a revision

Lisa Tucker
on 4/18/12 12:55 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning.

I had a lapband done in  10/2007.I felt at that time it was the best for me. I have lost 110lbs, but I also vomit almost everything back up. I am going for a revision to RNY. I know alot of people think you should go for the sleeve, but I am doing what my Dr. suggested to me. Up untl a few weeks ago, I wasn't aware of how many problems people are having long term with thr band.Including friends of mine.

Lisa

Hislady
on 4/18/12 10:25 am - Vancouver, WA
You are far from alone! It's only been the last couple of years that we are finding out what a nightmare the band is. You should do much better with the RNY, I wish you the best of luck!
MsBatt
on 4/18/12 1:17 pm
Is this the same doctor who gave you a Band?

Seriously, you should research ALL your options, compare the post-op lifestyle to how YOU want to live, and then make this decision YOURSELF. Your doctor doesn't have to live with the consequences of this decision---YOU do.
He who can't be Named
on 4/18/12 3:44 pm
 Many of us who had the band are having to revise. I suggest looking at the DS as well as the sleeve.
Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
girliegirlgirl
on 4/25/12 2:31 am
 i went to meet with a dr today too and he told me that he wouldnt do a sleeve on me.  i have been banded in the past.  my band was removed because of multiple prolapses.  he said he knows my stomach is a mess inade and the risks would be too high for a sleeve.  he recommended the bypass as well.  im so confused now.  i just dont know what to think??????
Nic M
on 4/26/12 1:15 am
Hi Lisa,

Good luck! I hope all goes well for you.

You're right... the band is a HORRIBLE long term "solution."  I had mine done over 9 years ago and removed about 7 years ago. It's like watching a horror movie. I want to shout to people, "Don't go in there! The band is in there! It'll kill you!"  And then, they go in there... and end up mangled by the Band Monster.    

I wish you the very best with your revision.

~Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

realized
on 4/30/12 1:24 pm
I had my band placed in april 2008. I totally regret it! I have had so many complications with it and am basically back at my starting weight. I've only had one fill the whole time due to complications. :( I am looking into a revision as well. Good luck!

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"             
Most Active