Considering Revision

mshaw08
on 4/17/12 3:54 pm
So, I saw my surgeon today and initially (6 yrs ago) when I had surgery, I lost 75 pounds.  Since then, I have gained almost all of my weight back.  We discussed revision surgery and I will contact my insurance tomorrow. There are several reasons why I haven't been successful and it has to do with my own stuff and things I was unable to control.  With that said, I am seeing a nutritionist tomorrow and would LOVE to do this w/o another surgery, but after reading some of the posts here and on other sites, I'm not sure what my next step should be.  BTW, I had RNY.  Any insight would be helpful.

Missy
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/12 1:07 am - WA
I also had an RNY and want a revision, what are you thinking you will have? How did the surgeon feel about your inability to control? I couldn't control my eating and I am afraid the doc will call me non compliant and refuse to help me.
mshaw08
on 4/25/12 9:48 am
Hi Muzzled,

Forgive me for taking so long to respond to you.  Reasons why I was not as successful as I could have been were due to many trials and tribulations I endured from the moment I had surgery to today.  I am now seeing a personal nutritionist who works with patients who have had a revision as well as I have been in communication with the nutritionist who works with my surgeon's office.  My personal nutritionist has indicated that with revision, the weight loss is much SLOWER than what we had with the initial RNY.  What I would say is, if you aren't truly ready to control what you eat, then revisions and nothing else will help either of us.  The many things that hindered me are no longer an issue, so I am kinda in a place where I can totally focus on myself as opposed to focusing on others primarily and me secondary.  I wish the best for you as I truly understand your struggle. Good luck and feel free to contact me anytime.

Best,
Missy
Most Active