Considering a RNY Revision

Revision_WA1968
on 4/16/12 9:53 am
 I have gained about 120 lbs after getting RNY.  This was after I got hit buy a car while riding my Bike and I am unable to do all the 2 hours excercise to keep off the regain, but still, I eat almost as much as I did before which is making my back issues that much worse. I am not sure if revision is an option. In fact untill this last week i had no idea that a revision was a possibility.

I was so disppointed when it all came back, I thought perhaps there was no other options for me. But right now I know this... if I do not want to live like a cripple for the rest of my life I need to do something. I can not excerse enough to get this weight of I really need help!~

Does it really help to have a revision?
Or should I just continue to struggle on?
Holdenwhat
on 4/16/12 10:59 am
 I'm in the same boat. I had RNY 6 years ago and I now weigh 100 pounds more than I did before surgery, despite eating about half of what I used to. I'm looking at a revision to a DS, as that seems to be the most promising. Dr Radkin (I chose him because I live near him and he is one of the few experienced revision drs) has info on his website about this procedure- you might want to check it out. Like you, I don't want to be crippled and if I don't get help, I definitely will be. Try reading some of the revision message boards, if you haven't already- it does sound like people have been where we are.
Good luck. 
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/12 11:28 am - WA
I too had an RNY in 2008 and have gained back all of my weight. I am going to call and make an appt to discuss a revision to probably a BOB only because I don't have any DS docs near me. But my reason for responding is to tell you you are not alone, don't beat yourself up because you are not a failure and you should not just struggle along. You made a decison to help yourself and got derailed. It happens, as evidenced by the amount of people who get revisions. Go ahead and research and talk to your doc.
leannks01
on 4/17/12 12:14 am
I had RNY in 2001.  I lost aprox 90 lbs, but have gained 50 back.  I still weigh 270 lbs!  I went back to my original surgeon and he would not even do any test to see if everything was still working properly.  I can eat as much as I did before surgery so I know something is not working! 

Does anyone know any surgeons in Wichita Kansas area that preform RNY revisions?
Virgo64
on 5/17/12 5:03 am
I don't know of anyone in your area, but in Tulsa I would recommend Dr. Luis Gorospe.  He has been in the biz for at least 30 years and knows the procedures inside out.
Revision_WA1968
on 4/17/12 12:25 am
Wow thanks everyone! I felt so all alone until now!
I have felt a great deal of shame about this. I surgeon promised that I would not gain it back unless I did something stupid Like eating Ice-cream all day or drinking soda all day.

I am not a ice-cream person, never have been. But I do drink lots of soda. but Not sugar kind the diet kind.

What I to do is I eat lots of Cheese toast. I found that when I ate toast (real crunchy kind) with cheddar cheese I could get the protein I needed (late post OP). Now it is an addiction (Blushing)

So I thought maybe....?

Still I have moved away and my surgeon who did my surgery is retired now. So I am pretty much out here on a limb by myself. I felt so ashamed Like I was the only one. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone here.

Thanks
I will be contacting a surgeon to get my options will update as soon as i can.
Most Active