my new day has arrived

mochasoul
on 4/16/12 8:11 am
O Happy Day,

1st Id like to thank everyone who shared their journey and revision experiences with me.  I finally had my revision from Lap band to Gastric sleeve on March 28th.  I feel awesome. I have had some pain at the port removal site which is to be expected per my surgeon.. With the band I lost 65 pounds and felt great. After 2 yrs i had issues with almost completed blockage in the am and could only eat in the evening, which shut down my metabolism. Even with the fluid removed I had the same problem. Soooooo here I am today. I do have a great surgeon who went to bat for my band removal..  Nrever give up on your revision. You are your best advocate.   Surgery update = 15 pounds lost, soft foods only, walking 1 mile a day...on my way to great health....

Peace and  Blessings
D-Lovely
Hislady
on 4/16/12 9:20 am - Vancouver, WA
Hooray for you!!!! I'm always so happy for anyone who can get rid of their evil bands!!!
mochasoul
on 4/17/12 3:02 am
Thanks Hislady,

I appreciate your support....
D-Lovely
ceedott
on 4/19/12 5:04 am - PA
congratulations..can i ask you some questions i to have the realize band i have pain at the port,constipation all the time, i have to take pepcid ac every other day just to be able to eat..so i went to a surgeon who does revisions just incase its a possibility and he ran test and my port is bent so its hard to get fluid in the band my insurance is khpe i gaine all but 20lbs back so depressed and wondering what can i do..
girliegirlgirl
on 4/19/12 8:10 am
 hi, im happy to hear that you are happy with the revision.  im researching the sleeve for myself.  after being banded and having 2 revisions from a prolapse, i had to have my band taken out.  here i am 3 yrs later and all my weight gained back and looking into something new.  im scared but i think i might want to do it.
Most Active