from RNY to Sleeve?

mama2004
on 4/4/12 12:33 am
 I had and RNY done in Feb 2009 and I lost 94 lbs.  I've gained about 60 lbs back.  Is it possible to revise from the RNY to a sleeve at this point, or am I going to have to just have my pouch made smaller again?  It seems to really have stretched.
Ladytazz
on 4/4/12 7:10 am
From what I understand it is a complicated procedure to revise a RNY pouch to a sleeve.  Your best bet if you want to go that direction is to have a DS.  That includes the sleeve plus malabsorption.  There are only a handful of doctor's who are really skilled with this revision.  Check on the DS board or at dsfacts.com for more info.  If you want to have a revision you may as well get the most effective one.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/12 12:33 pm - Mexico
On April 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM Pacific Time, mama2004 wrote:
 I had and RNY done in Feb 2009 and I lost 94 lbs.  I've gained about 60 lbs back.  Is it possible to revise from the RNY to a sleeve at this point, or am I going to have to just have my pouch made smaller again?  It seems to really have stretched.

I'm going to agree with Ladytazz.  If you are going to completely take your bypass down and revise to a sleeve, you might as well go for it and just get DS.  You are 3/4 the way there by taking down your bypass, taking down your pouch, and getting a sleeve.

It is a major procedure and the scary part is taking down your pouch.  Have you considered DS?

Sleeves are great, don't get me wrong.  But being a revision patient you are already going to lose slowly.  I don't know why it happens but it does.

I've seen people talk about it here but I don't recall anyone ever posting that they actually revised from RNY to VSG.  Clearly, that doesn't mean these people don't exist I just don't have an IDs to send you so you can talk to them yourself.

2doxies2love
on 4/26/12 3:27 am - ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++, MI
Hi I also have been advised to have my rny revised into sleeve due to complications i live on a feeding tube had rny january 2010 am very scared about the surgery had no idea until now they could do that good luck wish i knew someone who had this surgery although my surgeon sais he has done 12 of them succesfully.
Most Active