BOB question

CBartee
on 3/30/12 11:23 pm - Baltimore, MD
Revision on 03/29/12
 Hello All, 
I had the BOB on Thursday and came home last night.  I was scheduled to have a revision done but my surgeon gave me all the options I had.  He also told me that my health comes first and when he start the revision he will do what is best so I ended up with the BOB. I have to go back in three weeks and get filled.  What should I expect from the BOB. I did all the research on other types of revision but never BOB.  Please help me.

Thanks To All.

I had my original rny in 2005.
heathercross
on 4/1/12 8:31 am - New York, NY
 Hi.  Check out my profile. Click on my name next to my pic and you can read all about my BOB surgery.  I love my Band over Bypass. I am surprised he would just give you something that you weren't aware of.  What did you think you were doing? A full RNY revision?  The band is like a diet.  Weight loss is very slow but you do have restriction and you eat very little.  Its also very trial and error till they find the right about of fluid for your band. I am assuming you are either on liquids since you just had surgery?

Heather

CBartee
on 4/1/12 8:58 am - Baltimore, MD
Revision on 03/29/12
Hi Heather,
Thanks for responding.  When I first started meeting with my surgeon he gave me options and BOB was one but until he was able to see inside of me he could not narrow it down.   He also told me that he would do whatever it takes to make sure the surgery is safe and I told him to do whatever he thought was best.    I trust my surgeon 100% because he was my original surgeon and we have a good relationship.  I feel that because of the excessive scar tissue I had, the BOB was the best for me.  After reading the manuals he gave me in the hospital and investigating the BOB on the Internet, I'm okay with his decision. 
He also put on me clear liquids for two more days and then full liquids  for eight days.  I also go see him Wednesday for follow-up.

Once again, thanks for your response and I welcome your thoughts and suggestions. 
heathercross
on 4/1/12 9:10 am - New York, NY
 Hey.  One more thing, when you click on my profile, all the people I've "friended" are from this surgery (BOB) not the intiial RNY in 2002, friends weren't options on Obesity Help back then. All of them have had a BOB too.

Good Luck -  Heather

Most Active