Inquiring about revision (Rny to possible Lap band)

mebbie
on 4/7/12 8:31 am - Joliet, IL
I also have my bypass in 2004.  I had lost 154 lbs. and gained 50+ back.  It took my insurance company a year to approve it.  They finally approved it and I am having my revision done April 16.  The dr. is putting the lap band around the pouch now. 
Funmomof 4
on 4/7/12 11:15 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
 I am in the same boat. I had lap band in 2003, slipped and had it fixed in 2005. I have had problems for years. I have a totally different insurance that states only will revise if there are complications. My Dr. Said she will fight hard for me. I definately need this out and she feels Bypass would be great for me.

Tammi.  Lap band to sleeve revision Nov 27, 2012 

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/12 3:26 am - Mexico
On March 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM Pacific Time, DeeDee_Cole wrote:
Well - Ive found 2 surgeons in my area - but the problem is my insurance has an exclusion for bariatric surgery.   Gonna be a harder battle than I thought now! 

Bariatric surgery requires an additional premium.  99x out of 100 they will not cover bariatrics if it is excluded, they haven't been paid for the premiums.  WLS is pretty well medically necessary for all MO people but they usually dig their heels in the ground and decline the claim.

Have you considered self pay in MX?  There are some seriously fantasic surgeons there.  I went there for my band and then my revision to a sleeve.

Most Active