Revision RNY in Mass.

Chrissy8964
on 3/28/12 12:07 pm
 Had my second   appt today with Dr.Perugini  and  his assistant came in and basicaly told me they don't believe in doing revisions because they havent  had no success in them, so they said to come back in six months,  So wondering were to go from here?
Ladytazz
on 3/28/12 1:48 pm
Why do they want you to come back in 6 months if they don't do revisions?
There have been many revisions that have done well.  I am a revision and I have been doing good to this point.  Of course I had to do a lot of work on my food addiction and really look at why I regained.  Otherwise a revision is just a waste of time.  If I would have kept doing what I was doing I would have failed a revision, too.
That doesn't apply for people *****gained because of failure of their WLS of course.  For me, my surgery was fine when I ate right but no surgery will work if you don't change destructive habits.
I am sure you can find another surgeon who would be willing to give you a revision.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Chrissy8964
on 3/29/12 4:52 am
 To check my vitamin levels and see how I'm doing on the weight loss,but I think I will just go to my PC for that.
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/12 1:02 am - North Brookfield, MA
Where in MA are you?
Chrissy8964
on 3/29/12 4:50 am
 I live in NH Portsmouth.
Hislady
on 3/29/12 11:48 am - Vancouver, WA
Find another surgeon, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! There are thousands of revisions that are very successful. They evidently don't know how to do them and are just stringing you along. Find a real surgeon!
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 6:16 am - Mexico
On March 28, 2012 at 7:07 PM Pacific Time, Chrissy8964 wrote:
 Had my second   appt today with Dr.Perugini  and  his assistant came in and basicaly told me they don't believe in doing revisions because they havent  had no success in them, so they said to come back in six months,  So wondering were to go from here?

I had a revision in 08 and I've been at goal for 4 years now. 

What surgery type do you have and what are you wanting to revise to?

Chrissy8964
on 4/1/12 12:10 pm
RNY to lapband,i just need something to help me to loose weight Im trying everything even keeping journals and exercise but its not enough.
Chrissy8964
on 4/2/12 7:36 am
I just found a new place in Lebanon NH Darmouth Nedical does revisions,just have to get paper work faxed from PCP.
Most Active