Revision surgery and head hunger

marykatt
on 3/18/12 3:35 pm - MN
Hi all,
Very new to all this posting so hope I am doing it right.  Just need some advice and encouragement.  My original RNY surgery was in 2006 and just two weeks ago on March 1st I had a revision done because I have gained some weight back but mostly because (since 2006) I have had two emergency surgeries for perforated ulcers.  I had a checkup a few months ago and found another ulcer so they decided a revision would be best.
Anyway, how do you get over that "head hunger".  I am at a convention with my husband this week and spending time with a lot of old friends.  My problem is that I am so used to being able to have a few drinks and eat most anything that I find myself very depressed when I am with everyone because now only two wks after surgery I can't eat anything or have any "drinks" with my friends.  I feel like I am hungry but realize that it is head hunger because it is all right in front of me tempting me.  I am trying real hard.
I am now on the step 2 diet (full liquids) and I know I have to stick to it so that I don't screw anything up with my stomach.  I am just having such a hard time and getting depressed. 
I think I am just looking for some encouragement or if anyone can give me some advice that would be great.  When I went in for my revision I was still down 70 pounds from 2006. I have lost 20 lbs since the revision on March 1st. I just want to be able to continue losing.
Sorry this was a long post. I will try to keep them shorter from now on.

Mary
Ladytazz
on 3/18/12 3:56 pm
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems.  No advice here other then to stay strong.  Fortunately this won't last long and things will get better.
Good luck with your surgery.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

marykatt
on 3/18/12 4:08 pm - MN
Thanks for the encouragement.  Anything helps at this point.  Guess I just had a hard day today.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  Thanks Ladytazz
Ladytazz
on 3/18/12 4:13 pm
We all have bad days and having recent surgery doesn't help things.  I had hernia surgery a month ago and I forget that I am still supposed to be recovering from major surgery.  The body has been under a great deal of stress and needs rest.  And I have heard that depression isn't uncommon in the first 30 days after surgery as the anesthesia leaves your system.
Keep looking ahead and keep your eyes on the big picture.  The early post op days are tough but fortunately  they don't last long but the weight loss will.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

IceMama
on 6/21/12 10:30 am, edited 6/21/12 10:31 am
On March 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM Pacific Time, marykatt wrote: Hi all,
Very new to all this posting so hope I am doing it right.  Just need some advice and encouragement.  My original RNY surgery was in 2006 and just two weeks ago on March 1st I had a revision done because I have gained some weight back but mostly because (since 2006) I have had two emergency surgeries for perforated ulcers.  I had a checkup a few months ago and found another ulcer so they decided a revision would be best.
Anyway, how do you get over that "head hunger".  I am at a convention with my husband this week and spending time with a lot of old friends.  My problem is that I am so used to being able to have a few drinks and eat most anything that I find myself very depressed when I am with everyone because now only two wks after surgery I can't eat anything or have any "drinks" with my friends.  I feel like I am hungry but realize that it is head hunger because it is all right in front of me tempting me.  I am trying real hard.
I am now on the step 2 diet (full liquids) and I know I have to stick to it so that I don't screw anything up with my stomach.  I am just having such a hard time and getting depressed. 
I think I am just looking for some encouragement or if anyone can give me some advice that would be great.  When I went in for my revision I was still down 70 pounds from 2006. I have lost 20 lbs since the revision on March 1st. I just want to be able to continue losing.
Sorry this was a long post. I will try to keep them shorter from now on.

Mary Mary How is it going? I had my revision 4/27/12 and I also lost 20lbs at first then it was hard. How many calories are you taking in? Alsothe head hunger was the worst I think I dedicated 2 of my videos on youtube just to head hunger.
My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

Stephanie "Ice Mama"
RNY 3-22-06 302/158/138;''''
Weight Regained = 225lbs, Revision 4/27/12
Most Active