i want to cry

summertime43
on 3/17/12 11:40 am - lake hopatcong, NJ
 i am so unhappy and do not understand i hand revsion surgery on 12/20/2011 after my lapband eroded. i waited almost 6 months before the doctor would even consider doing the surgery. while i was in the hospital i gained 10 lbs from water weight i lost that in 7 days and then the next 3 -4 weeks i lost 30 lbs then nothing in this last month i lost 4 lbs as per my reguklar doctors scale. i eat me 60-70 grams of protien . i have greek yougurt or 2 eggs for breakfeast. i have  4 oz of tuna for lunch. i have 2 cups of coffee a day with crmora and splenda. i eat the prot cereal/i drink the 60 calorie proti drink 1-2x per day. if i eat 800-1000 calories a day that is it .i thought that you also did not take in all the calories that you eat so how am i not losing. i am so upset and angry. is it because i had the band before. my brother who is a doctor had told me i would lose so much weight. am i expecting to much. i heard about others who lose 5-10lbs per week but how could i in the very begining on the 2nd month not lose at all and then only 1 lb per week.please advise i am finally crying while writing this. i am truly frightend that this is not working and if 800 calories are not working then what..please help/please advise.  
Hislady
on 3/17/12 2:16 pm - Vancouver, WA
You don't say what type of surgery you revised to, that may make a difference. I think usually revisions lose a little bit slower but no matter what you've had you will still hit plateaus and stalls. Looks like your food is good, are you exercising that may stir things up. Sometimes we hit a stretch where we don't lose so much weight as we do lose inches. Maybe you aren't eating enough food. You may have to just try some different approaches to get things moving again and sometimes our bodies just need to take a rest and readjust from the weight loss we've already done. Please don't let it upset you too much just relax and keep at it, it has to work sooner or later. This will pass and one day you'll laugh about it... honest!
summertime43
on 3/17/12 2:23 pm - lake hopatcong, NJ
 my revesion was to a full bypass surgery, that is why i thought  i  would lose quicker due to the malabsorbtion issue, that is why i make sure i take the vitamins and the protein. doe sany one know the ration of calories eatin to what the body absors could i truly be eating to little,then why would i not lose more. i am emotional drained. i wilsh i knew what to do. i do not want to be sad and keep on putting on a happy face to others
Hislady
on 3/18/12 9:44 am - Vancouver, WA
Try going to the RNY forum and ask them for suggestions, they'll be glad to help you out. I have a band so not real up on RNY. I do know revisions tend to lose slower also if you aren't eating enough your body will hang onto the weight fearing starvation, so instead of losing you stay the same. Do go check out the RNY forum and to the right side of these pages is list of different surgeries and their instructions. Also try to relax because stress makes it hard for you to relax and lose the weight. I think we all have that little nagging fear that any surgery we have won't work but try to be patient, RNY is the gold standard for surgeries and as long as you are eating the right food it will come off! Best of luck to you!!!
Jody W.
on 3/26/12 3:07 am - Windsor, CT
I think that adding more protein would help... Maybe you can add an additional protein shake to your routine....
Best of luck!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/12 4:02 am - NJ
You are not losing as fast because you have had a revision.  I was also revised from the band to RNY.  For whatever the reason, people like us lose slower than a virgin WLS patient, and you will not be losing 5 - 10 pounds per week, at all, ever.   Don't compare yourself to virgin WLS patients - you will drive yourself mad.   One pound per week is pretty average.  And when did you ever lose 30 pounds in a month prior to RNY - I would be never (I never have either).

Upping your protein would be a good thing too.  I will say this - I am 3 years out and would die if I ate 2 eggs or 4 oz of any meat at one time though.  What kind of cereal are you eating - that may be loaded with carbs, which hinder weight loss (and maintanence too).  800 - 1000 calories may be a bit much for you - you are only 3 months out.  What's your plan - what are you supposed to be eating at this time? 

Are you exercising?  That makes a huge difference too.  You will also stall - it's totally normal.  There were times that despite doing everything right I wouldn't lose for weeks at a time.  I DID lose inches though - do you notice your clothes are fitting better?

I am still maintaining a 100+ weight loss for two years, it took me a year or so to lose that 100 pounds - it's not easy, but it's been worth it.
summertime43
on 4/1/12 7:04 am - lake hopatcong, NJ
 i actually gained 2lbs this weekens.  i only eat things from the bariatric store with the high protein/ i have not looked t catrbs as i figured this 600/1000 calories with malabsorbition should be ebough  how many calories are we actually geeting? i dod not understand. if you take less than  half what a normal person eats than come on how can you know lose. i am so worn out with the agravation of it.they had advised me i was eating to little. with the lapband i felt full/ with this one i do not think about food at work but it is not because i feel full i do notv
Most Active