SLEEVE OR RNY AFTER LAP BAND SLIP AND REMOVAL

Mary E.
on 4/2/12 11:26 am - SD
VSG on 03/03/12 with
I had surgery a month ago and have lost approximatley 20 pounds since surgey.  I think it all depends on you and how you follow your doctors advice and plan for you.  Not that I am good at it but exercise is the key to increased weight loss.

Hope that I have answered some of your questions.  Good luck on your journey. I was also a prior band with it lasting about 2 years, however I had alot of difficulty with it and in the end slipping.

Sincerly,
Mary E.
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/12 2:30 pm - Mexico
On April 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM Pacific Time, ShrikingFashionista wrote:
Thank you for those responses very informative just wonder how much slower is weight loss with the sleeve? I mean with in the first 6 months?

Who cares?

To be honest I am going to bet it is about the same.  But let's say that it takes you three months longer in the end to get to goal with a sleeve vs. RNY (and I don't believe that to be the case).  Who cares?  How will that affect the quality of your life over a lifetime of potential complications, expensive labs, expensive vitamins, and metabolic disorders starting about 3 years post op?

Bypass... risk of bowel obstructions for life

Mega supplements

Expensive labs

Vitamin deficiencies

Seizure disorders

Metabolic disorders (losing a pound 3 years post op RNY is NOTHING like losing a pound today, it is night and day)

I can go on, shall I?

Most Active