Hello all, I need some input please.

Karen H.
on 3/6/12 10:50 am
I had an RNY in 2004 and in 2005 I had a perforated ulcer that had to be fixed so I was pened again. I have gained all of the weight back, something must be wrong with my pouch or something. Of course the doctor that did my surgery is no longer in my life. Matter of fact when I was going in for emergency surgery for the perforated ulcer, he leaned down and whispere in my ear, when I was going into surgery, "This is what you wanted!" I became so depressed It took me a long time to heal. I never want to see that Doctor or the hospital again.
What I would like to ask is has anyone gained back their weight and has anyone had a revision from an RNY to something else? How did you do and who would you recommend? I hear IUMedical in Indy is good, and that there are some good doctors at St. Vincents also..
I hope you will please give me some input on this..Thank You in advance..

..."Let Us Love The World To Peace"...

Toy T.
on 3/7/12 2:02 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Karen not many people are on OH anymore due to some issues a month or so ago. I had RNY in 2004 and  gained all about 30 lbs back. That is ridiculous what the doctor said to you. 

I had RNY to DS on 2/22/2012. It depends on what type of revision you are looking for. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/12 10:47 am - Hockessin, DE
Revision on 03/01/12
I just had a band over bypass last week. Please look at my blog for all the details and let me know if you have any questions.
divakay2
on 3/9/12 10:06 pm

I gained all my weight back also then lost a 100lbs so i feel your pain. I revised from a failed RNY strecthed stoma with dumping to a DS 9/27.I have lost 65lbs since.In your journey for a revision look into a DS.Good luck and know you are not alone.......................Kenya

Most Active