Endoscopy for revision news

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/12 1:21 pm
So, I had the RNY 6/05 and gained about 80 lbs back from the 140 lost...I kept telling my doctor I know I am eating too much so he said he doubted it was structural but the endoscopy could give me some answers...
So I had it this morning and the GI said that the pouch is fine, but where the food leaves the stomach, the "exit" is wiiiiiide open so I don't feel full bc basically everything is going right through...I'm not sure how one would fix this? anyone ever hear of this? or know how it happens?
Karen H.
on 3/7/12 10:58 am
How terrible! I also have gained all my weight back and had an RNY and I have pains in my stomach. I am wanting to have a revision also, And have picked a surgeon but I just don't know how hard a revision will be on a person, such as us... Kind of scared..

..."Let Us Love The World To Peace"...

alljoy2012
on 3/15/12 9:00 am
i can see that i posted on the wrong board/forum. i had RNY on april 19, 2005. i lost 80 pounds. kept it off for 4 yrs. i then had to have emergency surgery on july 15, 2009 for bowel obstruction and hole in my lower intestines, hernia repair and multiple adhesions. i felt fine prior to this, no aches or pains. after surgery (jan 2010) the pounds started to come back. i have regained all but 10 pounds. for the last 5 months i have had abdominal pain on my upper right side immediately after eating/drinking ANYTHING. i have had colonoscopy,endoscopy and ct scan of my abdomen. all are nornal. i had a abdominal ultrasound and it showed that exactly where my pain is(upper right side) the opening is larger than it should be. i know i am not crazy and am so thankful that some one has been thru what i have been thru. and i agree if i had known about DS i would NEVER have had the RNY. any suggestions or help is appreciated. thanks again  
alljoy2012
on 3/16/12 1:23 am
On March 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, alljoy2012 wrote:
i can see that i posted on the wrong board/forum. i had RNY on april 19, 2005. i lost 80 pounds. kept it off for 4 yrs. i then had to have emergency surgery on july 15, 2009 for bowel obstruction and hole in my lower intestines, hernia repair and multiple adhesions. i felt fine prior to this, no aches or pains. after surgery (jan 2010) the pounds started to come back. i have regained all but 10 pounds. for the last 5 months i have had abdominal pain on my upper right side immediately after eating/drinking ANYTHING. i have had colonoscopy,endoscopy and ct scan of my abdomen. all are nornal. i had a abdominal ultrasound and it showed that exactly where my pain is(upper right side) the opening is larger than it should be. i know i am not crazy and am so thankful that some one has been thru what i have been thru. and i agree if i had known about DS i would NEVER have had the RNY. any suggestions or help is appreciated. thanks again  
need help with revision/abdominal pain
Toy T.
on 3/7/12 11:55 am
DS on 02/22/12
 You have a stretched stoma. I had the same thing. My pouch was still small but the stoma was huge and everything I ate went right through me causing me to continue to eat because I never was full. This is one of the major reasons for revision, 
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/12 8:55 pm
Thank you!!! It is so nice to be able to name it....
My biggest concern is my current insurance does not cover anything gastric...I wonder if it would be considered a complication or a result of previous surgery...
mariamtavarez
on 3/14/12 4:48 am - Allentown, PA
hi am in the same boat that you are. I had my surgery done  in NYC  on 2002 and I lost almost 200 LB which now am gaining pounds like crazy. I saw a surgeon at lehigh valley hospital and he recomend me the band since I had the Gastric by pass the surgery is there but is not helping me and I am almost 400LB. I am waiting for my insurance to see if they will cover.
Most Active